Year 10 service requirements for NC

1. My model of MX-5 is: NC
  2. I’m based near: Cirencester
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __

Help identifying the service schedule for year 10.

I’ve found and download per a checklist for years 1-9 but does anyone.know the schedule for year 10 &11.

I am taking oil & filter as a given and brake fluid for yr10, assuming the standard 2 yer cycle but what is the schedule for things like gearbox oil, differential oil, air filter, spark plugs etc etc

Thanks in anticipation

You are looking at a coolant change after 10 years, do the stat too because it could possibly fail shortly after.
Spark plugs should be done on mileage, if I remember around 62-64k miles.
As you mention other fluids can be changed too depending on what’s been done previously. Diff oil is always worth changing on a more regular basis irrespective of what the manual says, maybe every second service.

2 Likes

Thanks

Owned from new serviced annually per schedule now with 44k on the clock so I know it’s full history.

I’m guessing the schedule restarts and year 10 is year 1 plus coolant?

I’ve tried 2 dealers and neither could tell me…maybe they aren’t used to 10 years cars.

And please no one tell me that dealers are useless, and a rip off. I’m quite happy to stick with the supplying dealer who have been helpful with the odd issue.

For the basic Mazda schedule, I just extrapolated what’s in the service manual, so it looks like the following:

Hope that helps. dt

1 Like

Thanks

I have concluded the same for 10 year service

• oil and filter
  • spark plugs (at least loosen and reseat even if not replace)
  • brake fluid
  • gearbox oil

Not sure why your schedule shows replace exhaust components?

That should be an “Inspect” sorry :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like