Yellow Mark 1 - near Horley / Gatwick Aiport

I had just collected my RF and was driving around the Horley / Gatwick area.
Spotted a Yellow MK1 and flashed a couple of times - but did not get a response…
Either they did not recognize the newer shape or thought it was not worthy of being called an MX-5 :crazy_face:

That sounds like me yesterday put my hand up five times to mx5 drivers no responce. That was on the southdowns.

I would guess that on average only about 1 in 7 MX5s in the UK will be MXOC members. I have a 2009 NC2 and always wave. I usually get a response from the older models but I’ve never had one from an RF. Maybe your ‘guy’ was so surprised by your wave he didn’t have time to respond, or, maybe he’s an MX5 purist and doesn’t believe anything beyond a MK1, or maybe a MK2, is worth waving to? There are a few of them about.

TBH - when I did get a brief look at his face - I got the feeling he may have been confused - why is this guy flashing me?? :confused:
Don’t wish to upset anyone - especially as a newbie - but I don’t really think the ND looks like an MX-5 at all. I mean when they 1st came out - if I had not already read about them and spotted one at a distance, I would have wondered what it was…

I thought you were supposed to wave rather than flash

Sorry newbie mistake…plus had my roof up, windows closed…
Will remember for the future. :smile:

I think you may be right. Mine is a 06 NC i get wave’s from NA/'NB/NC drivers but very little from the newer models. Might be a class thing. your car is below us.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.