Yorkshire Ridings - Spring into Cornwall 2017

After the Spring Rally next year, a large group of us, will be travelling to Cornwall, to stay a week at the Riverside Holiday Park , near Cornwall, and although, we already have some days already planned, we are looking for any roads that members in the region can recommend that will be fun to drive. Also it would nice to meet up with Club Members, for a drink or pastie !!! Any help, would be much appreciated !

Phil Thompson

Area Coordinator

Yorkshire Ridings

Where is the 2017 Spring Rally?

Bristol area

Aston Court, Bristol April 23rd 2017

ah right o.

Cornwall sounds good, haven’t been down there for ages!

Are Yorkshire Ridings organising a trip to Cornwall? Best get my bucket and spade out, lol.

Phil -
One point from me - there are B roads in Cornwall that you should stay clear of, as back lanes are often lined with rock walls, some of which actually stick out into the driving lane, which are usually quite narrow. While we (the NEM) were down there a few years back, I caught my nearside wheels on two consecutive days on one of these, causing some damage to the rims and ripping a piece out of the sidewall of my left front tyre.
Both times on a different lane, but moving to the left to let another car pass coming the other way. I was following another member, so didn’t see the rock, only him and the car coming towards me. I’ve now sworn I’ll never visit Cornwall again!