Z sport style wheels

1. My model of MX-5 is: __2008 NC Sport
  2. I’m based near: __Sheffield
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __wheels

I love the look of these wheels on the NC Z sport edition, and thought about investing in a set.However, I’ve recently seen a few articles from club members relating to spoke damage.Just wondered if any members could offer a more positive experience on their durability.

1 Like

Well for a start you’ll only be able to buy a used set these days. MX5 Parts had the last of any new ones and they were £800 a wheel. They’re also like hens teeth or Unicorn’s poo…very hard to find. I’ve seen a few sets for sale in the past in breakers and the odd set being sold by owners who don’t actually like them.
Good luck…you’ll need it !!

Hiya LR…

I had a Z-Sport and did a track day at Brands Hatch in it, the car performed really well in the wet on PS4’s.

The wheels are one of the reasons I bought this car and are simply stunning.

2 Front

I purchased these vvvv

Following forum rules, if you are interested I would sell these for £675 plus p+p, was going to put these on sell in the Spring as now looking at getting a NA.

Many thanks,
Theo

Thank you very much for the feedback Davy, it’s obviously a time for a re- think.I suppose the obvious direction therefore might be to view the market place and see if anything remotely similar exists.H

Hi Theo,

Thanks for the info.Yes, they are stunning wheels, hence my interest in them.Looks like the only way to obtain them is via the route you took, however, it’s not the end of the world if I miss out. There must be a set of wheels, out there from other manufacturers that bear a passing resemblance to these. I’ve all winter to track some down, so we will see.Cheers again for your interest.

2 Likes

I was in your situation and looking for over a year. Also looked at alternative wheels too, in all honesty, they just weren’t in the same league.

eBay might help you, maybe buy in pairs or single wheels, never saw a set of 4 before the ones I purchased from the forum.

BBS wheels available.

https://shop.bbs.com/en/wheel-configurator/car?carTag=174460059735069810

None like the Z Sport ones, they were unique.

Thanks guys for the further interest.

1 Like