Zeon Headlights for MX5 MK3

I have just purchased the MX5 and just joined the forum. Can you use replace the standard bulbs with Zeon headlight bulbs in my MX5 MK3 without modification to the wiring or connectors thanks

1 Like

Funnily enough, I’m in the process of swapping my headlight bulbs now. Some chap on FB recommended a set of LED bulbs and I bit the bullet as they were pretty reasonably priced. I had switched the incandescent bulbs last year to the best bulbs I could find and was still disappointed by them. It’s all down to the projector style lamps ultimately. Anyway, I’m giving these a go and time will tell if they’re any good or not or will lead to investing in even better quality items.

To all the ‘experts’ who will no doubt jump all over the legality/mot problems etc etc of this change, please note, I don’t care. :wink:

1 Like

We know you don’t care! :laughing: :laughing:
But others might perhaps…:man_shrugging:
Of course what one does before and after an MOT is perhaps a different matter…
I must confess I did “Try” some LED bulbs (The best I could find) and they were actually worse than my current H7’s and was very disappointed so they went back.
They were very white (like yours in the garage) but the actual brightness on the road was appalling.
All the best as always. :+1:

For the legality aspect for others.
Section 4.1.4 of the current MOT inspection manuals for both motorcycles and cars and passenger vehicles states ‘Existing halogen headlamp units should not be converted to be used with high intensity discharge (HID) or light emitting diode (LED) bulbs. If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp.’

2 Likes