2007 NC1 my soon to be reborn 1.8 roadster

Continuing with modding and ( hopefully ) improving the GT, I read an excellent topic in this section from steve398, regarding lumbar support. Thanks Steve for links on how to etc. 

Anyway, started looking on the Internet and found a complete kit for less than a tenner delivered on Prime. It arrived at lunchtime and this is what was inside the carton.

I didn’t need the gauge obviously but as a kit, that’s what it came with  for a couple more quid I could have a stethoscope too!  Decided not to bother with that part. Following the guide linked to by Steve, it was simplicity itself to carry out this modification. I took the gauge off, folded the rubber tube back on itself and tie wrapped it up.

I didn’t cut the tube as I wasn’t sure if it would seal but having submerged it in water after pumping up the cuff, no bubbles were seen. Rather than cut off the surplus part of the cuff, equal in length to the bladder, I just folded it back on itself, placing that side against the springs on the lower seat back.

This is it ready for fitting.

Pulling the springs away from the foam allows the cuff to just slide carefully into position. I routed the inflation bulb to sit just alongside the manual seat height adjuster.

Works perfectly, well pleased! I’m going to do the other side next, seeing as it was so easy to do. I remember having a 4x4 Sierra Ghia estate back in the day and that had a very similar accessory. 

Barrie