2007 NC1 my soon to be reborn 1.8 roadster

^^^ They are stuck like a sticky thing to a blanket, ideal this weather, very tacky 3M tape.

Swapped out the white plastic tie wraps on the newly fabricated ECU cover for some black ones this morning.

Looks better.

Barrie

1 Like

you dont hang about barrie once on a roll,
great bit of tinkering, love the idea of the intake just a shame you cant tell a greater improvement…smart idea for ECU cover.
its the little things that make a big difference,
top job m8

hi Geoff, yes it’s a funny one, 250+ miles yesterday on the Bunch o’ Fives meet and run out, car behaved perfectly but nothing to measure its performance against? ‘Feels’ better but probably because I want it to  anyway, all fitted and working so definitely won’t be changing back  . The lumbar support however, IS a massive improvement! That is a brilliant modification and cost next to nothing. WIN WIN 

Barrie

EDIT: https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postsm740418_Lumbar-Support-for-Mk3.aspx#post740418

1 Like

yes great idea , you can also check your blood pressure too , if feeling under the weather 

Hmmmmm  there’s always one  cheers Geoff 

Barrie

Bought and fitted this the other day.

Fitted to the drivers mat

Nothing wrong with the mats, they were new for the Spring Rally but over the years I’ve had several sets in several 5’s and the heel area always spoils the look as it wears. I have the ILMotorsports pedal set and this matches quite well. 

It came with spare rubbers, stainless fixings and even a hole punch for the mats. It’s very well made and should last a while. 

Barrie

Hi Barrie , followed your journey with interest your 5 looks jaw dropping awesome love it , i so pleased to see your car at newby hall and meet you . You have defo inspired a lot of owners on this forum and I am sure your re born Nc will be a talking point of a long time . So pleased your are fighting your illness and keeping busy and like others have said you really go for it no holding back , glad to have met you hopefully see you at another event soon Barrie keep well , now just 1 question when are you coming to mine to start on my Nc  regards Richy … Top down always 

1 Like

Cheers Richy  when I’m not faffing with the car, Mrs B has got me decorating one of the bedrooms, in advance of some friends coming over from OZ, then she wants our bedroom decorating (again) just recently done the two landings and staircases and so it goes on,  and I absolutely hate decorating

The car is my escape from all this 

Don’t know when I could fit yours in? 

Take care!

Barrie

Cracking job, and brilliant result. I’ve only had my MX5 MK3 since May, and all I’ve managed is to do is have the underside checked for rust (fortunately it was rust free) and then professionally wax-oiled to help preserve it. Now I’ve seen this, and inspired by it, I can feel a few mods coming on… 

Well done again Barrie, just got my STHT mag this morning.

Why? Is there something in there I should know Mick? 

Not got my issue yet, postie arrives around lunchtime. Looking forward to getting my hands on a copy  if it’s what I think it is, I originally submitted this at the time of the Spring Rally. Thanks for the heads up Mick.

Barrie

Hi Barrie

My STHT dropped on the mat this morning and needless to say went straight to the article on your GT. Looks stunning and a great write up. I remember well your finishing touches and last minute jitters before Goodwood. Like plenty of others on here it was great to share the journey with you.

Got mine also, I was well chuffed! Who writes this stuff? 

Barrie

1 Like

Hi  Barrie was great to see you and your awesome Nc in STHT magazine looks amazing , should have been longer piece but loved it well done so pleased and chuffed for you , all the best matey regards Richy 

Great article Barrie. Got passed by a 124 Abarth on my way up to Lancaster to pick my son up from Uni. Couldn’t help but think of your gr8 conversion as it swept past.

Thanks Richy, have replied to your pm 

Barrie

Hiya Mark, thanks for that  you need to get yours in now mate, very photogenic car! Have to say, when refurbing my car, I must have been receiving subliminal messages regarding the Abarth  wasn’t intentional but has certainly picked up a few style cues 

Barrie

Cheers Barrie doubt I’d write up anything as good.

We followed the 124 into the service station and sat in Starbucks looking at it while a lot of people walked past giving it a 2nd look. Much like yours, love or loath the Abarth, it turns heads.

Personally I like the Abarth which kinda means I a bit of a fan of a certain GT  

I see you’re selling up, rather than clog your for sale ad with questions…

Surprised you are selling Barrie, what’s brought this on, got something else in the pipeline?