2009 National Rally Debrief

The full circuit at Mallory is 2.173km long. If you allocate a 6m “box” (tight) for each car then that allows about 360 cars in a single procession.

How many cars would be needed to break the world record and does the record still count if the procession is 2 or 3 cars abreast?

I’m sure we could generate some interest among the Nutz community and other forums, to compensate for all the cars in N.I.

As I had only signed on the forum a few days before the rally I thought Id make a run up to see the event and introduce myself as a potential new trader. I was amazed at just how many single marque cars were at Malloy. I did make it in a convertable, although not an MX5 so was shown the back of the car park [;)] I could only spend 2 hours there as had a previous apointment that evening and its a 6 hour round trip for me. I was very impressed with the amount and support of the members towards the club, great turnout. Hopefully I’ll get to more and meet more of you. Shame admin were to busy and I did not get to meet them, but I had expected that. Still had a look round, not enough time to get down to see around the pits and track though.

Look forward to next summers meets.

The Lotus world record at Snetterton had cars three abreast round the track.

436 cars? We can beat that, surely!

Snet or Brands???

Snet, a few months ago, still waiting for record confirmation last I heard. I was in it - following an Evora for a lap or two. Slow dull drive apart from all the shiny cars to look at.

that would have been me… sorry!

At least you were shown towards the back of the car park, I was pointed towards the lake!

This was my first event and I LOVED it!

Thanks to everyone concerned that contributed to the rally.

I had pre-booked 20 mins on track and this was fantastic. My son was my passenger and he was nervous before we went out but loved it too once he realised dad didn’t want to destroy his car.

We met up at Ferrybridge services in the morning  and I thought we’d have a leisurely drive to Woodall services, the first stop. NO WAY! It was hell for leather and my wee Mk1 doesn’t usually go that fast. However, we met up and 21 one of us moved onto Mallory. Thanks guys, you made us very welcome.

Looking forward to the next event,

Allan

Same here! We were in the Silver MK1 that was ahead/behind you for at least part of the way. Thanks for the company!

Despite a more sedate pace and a SatNav that froze just before we left the M1, we still managed to arrive at Mallory Park ahead of the rest of the YR posse. Not sure how we managed that.