A second sports car anyone?

Aye.
Not forgetting the incredible V6 Maser-milled SM.
Probably a Webley-to-left temple monster in terms of reliability, but what a beast.

2 Likes

And the DS had swivelling headlamps too :grin:

3 Likes

As did a 70’s girl friend…but she too was high maintenance & was subsequently traded in for another model who has lasted 43 years so far. Quite reliable, always starts up but can be an issue shutting off. :zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Very nice, Some cars just ooze class :blush:

1 Like

An S2000. Great to see them mentioned in this thread.
With the all important VGA. Like wot mine had…

6 Likes

Lovely, like the finish ,and a good backdrop, is that how it was originally finished ?

Boz

1 Like

AC Cobra would be my ultimate sports car.
However am quite happy to have a DAX cobra replica…for obvious reasons…have even contemplated building one myself.

1 Like

Definitely my favourite Jaguar in preference to the rather brash E-type.

8 Likes

Good, I thought I was the only one who doesn’t completely get the E-type. But I do recall my dad telling me it’s was a sports car for the common man, or some such, when a neighbour’s son got one sometime in the 60s. It’s was green, I was very young.

I do however get the AC Cobra and the Dino, and the Lancia Stratos, perhaps I’ll change my mind now.

In fact a proper original Ford RS200 please and a properly sorted Lancia Monte Carlo, there was a great looking small and obtainable sports car.

3 Likes

Another beauty, its a joy looking at these well kept classics.

Yes, Synchro Silver from memory. Bit lighter than the Moonrock grey.
Selling it is my one regret :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I need to get the hang of this - just realised Bosley not replying / directed to me. Oops.

1 Like

You’ll love it there (Morgan factory tour) we want to go again soon.
Would you believe I took the missus as part of her birthday treat her choice, well one of them. A few days away around the Malvern’s too.:+1:

1 Like

Lovely looking car anyway :grinning:

1 Like

My Morgan V8 back in the 1980s

6 Likes

Oh yeah, can’t see me ever getting one though.

7 Likes

About twenty five years ago I came back from overseas with some savings and began attending the shows to find a car I wanted to build. I thought about building a replica Cobra, with a Rover V8, or a Lotus 7 lookalike with a tuned Ford engine. Then every man and his dog started producing kits for both types and they became almost “run of the mill”.

That put me off; I changed my mind and went for something less “routine”.

(Says he - although his “other” sports car is one of the most popular two seaters ever built… :rofl:)

1 Like

Great photos of a lovely car

tvr or s2000. all about that drift

1 Like