A second sports car anyone?

Kensington High Street here’s a July 2019 pic lifted from Google maps

2 Likes

Here is my other “sporty” car… Bit of a powerhouse tbh- toyota Supra, 3ltr straight 6,twin turbos and 400bhp.only take her out to shows. She’s AWESOME!
I have owned 3 Toyota MR2 Turbos and 3 MR2 n/a’s too as well as 2 other Supra n/a’s over the last 15years.i have owned this Supra for the last 7 years

3 Likes

Well it looks like half of the showroom is open , I wonder if they are still going strong now ? :thinking: hope so.

Nice ! :grin:

Many nice cars in that line up, but I’m rather partial to a Lancia Stratos or even a Montecarlo. But liking the unusual over the more normal I’d be tempted with a Saab Sonnet too !

1967-1974-saab-sonetts-3

2 Likes

I adored my K-reg GT6 and the only car I still have dreams about was my B-reg Esprit Turbo. My second sports car now is a four-seater, an alloy XJR.

1 Like

How about an new generation Ariel Atom, as a second sports car, for when it’s dry, sunny :sunglasses: and track days​:racing_car:

Another vote for a Caterham. I had one and bloody loved it, right up to the day I tried to kill myself and my then 13 year old son in it.
If I were a single man I would have another one tomorrow. My wife has told me that if I would like to be a single man then all I have to do is buy another one.

3 Likes

Yep, although I’ve never driven a Caterham , they look like great fun to drive, back to basics, seat of the pants stuff, but I wouldn’t trust myself in a 620, assuming I could actually afford one.
P.S There’s a nice Lotus 7 in the opening sequence to the 60s TV series, The Prisoner with Patrick McGoohan :grinning: its on Youtube

My Westfield was a great fun sports car:

2 Likes

:blush: :+1:

Hi J, been there, our Superlight R was written off but we survived thanks to the 6 point harnesses.
We escaped with a trip to hospital and me requiring an operation on my hand. All good now but no idea what happened.
:heart:

ah, that reminds me of the days we used to take www.projectmerlot.com on lots and lots of track days. They would be fairly regularly carting Caterhams and similar off the circuit on the recovery truck for various reasons. Meanwhile we all looked on twiddling our thumbs waiting for the action to start again.

1 Like

Never really been one for the classic cars (recently acquired a MX5 Mk3 Kendo), but our town was visited by the Bugatti Owners’ Rally a few years back and I found myself starting to wonder. This T57 S Torpedo (just pre-war I think) looked pretty fabulous in polished aluminium. It had just changed hands for $7m…

5 Likes

DAMMIT! I missed it!!!

Just seen this, I think it’s all the sports car I’d ever need…

Heuliez Intruder Concept

1 Like

The satnav must be pretty ■■■■ to leave you stranded in the midst of a field of wheat!

1 Like

It was all going so well until the last page mentioned a Renault connection. It explains everything…

1 Like

It’s Theresa May’s car, you can just see her running out of picture, top left…

1 Like

Just been re-reading this and the pic of my other car has disappeared so I think it would be rude if I didn’t put it back in the thread.

5 Likes