Adrian Flux Insurance nightmare

When I first got my 5 tried AF and even using the club discount way above the quote from LV for equivalent terms, quite disappointing tbh, never tried again since

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, you stayed on the phone about an hour and a half longer than I would have! Bin em off completely there’s clearly more competitive quotes out there.

I’m a young driver so a modded mx5 eunos was always going to be expensive from the insurers that will actually quote me…
But Adrian Flux wanted £4000!
LV wanted £3000
And so far my cheapest quote was from Bentacre for just under £2000 so more than HALF what Adrian Flux wanted WITH club discount. Brentacre also offer a much more flexible policy. Ridiculous. Adrian Flux were more expensive than some insurers on comparison sites with all mods declared. Not to mention the phone call was more of an interrogation than anything else.

I know some people who have had good experience with them but it seems that there is an ever increasing amount of negative experiences and reviews.

2 Likes

Hi, I insure my Mk1, Mk2 and Audi TT with Admiral for £540, I am 59 with full NCB, so Flux were taking the mick.
As Martin Lewis say, always shop around !

Cost discussions aside, the original post says that there was discussion over an accident, which the author goes on to state was not his fault.

The simple fact is that you have to declare any and all accidents within the last 5 years, no matter whose fault it was. If it was over 5 years ago, then it should not even have come up in the discussion, unless it was within any prior renewal period covered by this policy and there was a previous failure to disclose.

Failure to disclose an accident can lead to cancellation of a policy, which would then result in greater problems.

As regards cost, my 2006 NC costs £200 with Direct Line with no NCB and a modified exhaust. Previously had classic car cover that does not give any discount for no claims at nearly double the price. Lesson is use mainstream insurers.

1 Like

I seriously thought about giving up one car when insurance policies for the two amounted to over £500. That was around 3-4 years ago, now I get both + home cover for £460. Shop around of course but for the youngsters just starting out it’s certainly a drain on the wallet buying insurance.

1 Like

Hi, just to be clear, I did not withhold any previous insurance claims, the guy was implying that I was withholding information about an accident somewhere I have never even been to and so definitely couldn’t have been involved in. The upshot of all this, as has already been stated, shop around and don’t necessarily go for one that offers “clasic car insurance” as that can be used as a reason to charge more, although that probably isn’t true for all insurance companies. Thanks for all your comments.

Has anyone contacted you about it?

I’m sorry but what was you expecting, that to insure a 30th anniversary was going to be as cheap as insuring a MK1 they are completely different animals I do laugh when people compare models and think there all the same. Replacement parts for cars of today are far more expensive and a replacement value for a modern car much more. Also when I’m considering purchasing a new car I investigate what the new running costs will be including insurance not leave until I’m about to pick up the car.

Sometimes I wonder where they get their prices from. Recently swapped our seven year old Juke worth £5.4k for an 18 month old Qashqai worth £18k. No change in price of the policy. Then last month it came up for renewal and price was around £25 cheaper than last year.

2 Likes

That’s OK you’re forgiven. I don’t see your point though. AF quoted £670 I got equal cover elsewhere for £320???

1 Like

No not as yet. I’m not holding my breath.

No not as yet. I’m not holding my breath though.

Iain, I had a call from AF today to say how sorry they are for my bad experience and gave me a further refund of £88.42 making a total refund of £456.12. I’m sure your input had an impact so I thank you for that. Cheers!

1 Like

Hi, I use A Plan, and they are very good, my MK1, with a guaranteed value of £15k, being a Rocketeer conversion costs me around £160 pa, and I can always get through if I need to