Afternoon Tea and Fenland Run - Sunday 01st August - 12:30

Ladies and Gentlemen

Good Afternoon

With the majority of the COVID-19 restrictions being lifted from next Monday (19th July), Jen and I would like to start the 2021 ‘season’ with a Run around the Fens, followed by afternoon tea at our home in Gorefield.

The format we had in mind was:

Meet at our home: ‘Merlins’, 54 Back Road, Gorefield, Near Wisbech, PE13 3PE, Tel:01945 870291, around 12:30hrs for a chat and a quick cuppa.
Followed by a 30+ mile route that winds its way around the Tydd Fen area and takes around 60 minutes to complete.
Return to ‘Merlins’ for Afternoon Tea, (Homemade Cakes, Savouries, Tea and Coffee
Followed by lots of catching up.

We have parking for plenty of cars in and around the orchard and paddocks and should the weather turn out to be on the damp side, I can move the cars and tractor out of the garage and we can move inside.

If you fancy the idea of a drive out and some refreshments please let me know and I will start the inevitable list:

Kind regards

Barry and Jenny

And so ‘after far too long’ the list begins:
Barry and Jenny
Andy and Jo
Bill and Sue
Mark and Carol
Mark and Emma
Maureen and Jeff
Mark and Pam
Brian and Ruth
Ralph and Viv
Kev and Sue
Mick and Lynne
Henry and Christine
Anne and John
Kay and Simon
Andrew and Hilly
Steve and Jill

1 Like

Hi Barry and Jen

Well done for starting things off, be lovely to meet up again, seems ages.

Bill and I would love to join you. If I can help with bringing any refreshments, let me know, pleased to help.

Sue.

Sue / Bill

Good Morning

We thought it was about time to kick things off so came up with a ‘safe’ starter event, more for a chance to catch up and look at what will happen going forward, especially in light of our current venue and the likelihood of it closing, (which looks imminent).
Also, thank you for your kind offer of help with the refreshments, I think we have it covered, however, if you have the time, then thank you, your help will be gratefully accepted.

Look forward to seeing you both.

Kind regards

Barry

Hi Barry & Jen
Mark & Emma
Thankyou for organising this, very kind. We are certainly up for a run out

Regards

Mark

We would love to do a “run” and a chat! It’s been ages so kudos of thinking of this.

Maureen & Jeff (Milton lot)

Maureen / Jeff

You have to thank Jen for the idea, she always seems to have the right idea at the right time. Look forward to seeing you on the 1st.

Kind regards

Barry

Hi Mark

Your on the list, will catch up with you both on the 25th.

Kind regards

Barry

Barry & Jen,
Great look forward to it, Pam and Mark will be in attendance

brian/ruth would love to join you

Hi Mark and Pam

Great to have you on board.

See you on the 1st. (if not sooner).

Kind regards

Barry and Jenny

Brian / Ruth

Good Morning

Great to hear you will be coming along.

Kind regards

Barry

Hi Barry & Jenny,

That’s really good to hear from you. Yes, please add us to the list.

See you soon,

Ralph & Viv

Hi Barry and Jenny,
Sue and I would love to join you on this run. Be so nice to catch up with old friends.
Kev.

Kev, Sue

Good Morning

Look forward to seeing you both on the 1st and having a good old natter.

Kind regards

Barry

Yes please​:hugs::+1:
Thanks for e-mailing us personally as we wouldn’t have seen it.
Struggled to find it when you told us us!!!
Looking forward to seeing you,
Lynne and Mick x x

yes please christine and i henry would love to join you

Hi Lynne and Mick

Glad you found it, in the end, I must admit to struggling with the ‘new’ website, but that’s probably because I am an analogue person in a digital world!

Look forward to seeing you on the 1st

Barry and Jenny

Christine / Henry

Really pleased you can make it, so much chat and banter to catch up with.

See you on the 1st

Barry and Jenny

Dear Barry and Jenny, What a splendid invitation and a very suitable rejoinder to the half-baked way lockdown is ending.

We would very much like to join you a week on Sunday and look forward to meeting you and many other friends we have missed this last year.

Anne & John (Cowan)

Anne / John

You are more than welcome, the weather, (so far), is looking promising and Jen as started planning which cakes and savouries to bake, so hopefully we can enjoy a little more normality in our lives.

Barry and Jenny