Bar project for the garden during lockdown

Morning all, wanted a little project to do during lockdown so decided to build a garden bar. Our garden is not very big but I knew I could squeeze something in if I tried :+1:

Collected all of this, managing to get it all inside Mrs B’s A6 estate!

So, set about making that pile of timber into something, here are a few pics as it progressed.

And here are a couple of the bar (almost) finished. It seemed rude not to try it out for size last night! :joy:

Things left to do, a new fridge arrives Friday, some additional worktop to build, clip up all the cabling for the electrics and add some ‘man cave’ bar ephemera! :nerd_face:

Barney was a great help,

Some of the electrics, including a mini HIFI system!

Barrie

25 Likes

well done that man , really looks great !!! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

@Bettabuilda
What was the total cost of materials, I’ve a mate here at work chomping at the bit for this.
Did you draw any plans etc.

1 Like

I’ve got friends that are just in the final stages of building something similar - the opening is supposedly due to take place this coming Saturday.

I’d love to go for something similar but we are plagued by scrotes that find other people’s shiny things attractive so everything is chained up.

1 Like

Wondered why you’ve been quiet lately Barrie, well on here anyway.
Epic, gives me an idea but don’t think the missus will be pleased.:grimacing:
No haven’t got room really but it gives me inspiration to built my own shed, that is in the pipeline soon + greenhouse.:+1:

2 Likes

I sort of just did it? Had to make it fit to allow easy access to lower garden (hence L shape) thought the roof being cantilevered over one corner looked good. Roughly 2m x 2m overall. Deck boards everywhere but roof is shiplap over tarpaulin sheet. Less than £400 all in for structure, all tanalised timbers. 3 of the uprights were existing from the deck, just extended them, other are full height (2.1m) at the front.
Barrie

2 Likes

Thanks everyone :+1: need to think about some shutters or something for winter or bad weather? Sadly I sat thinking about doing it while we had all the best weather and then built it as it changed! :woozy_face:
Barrie

1 Like

Wow Barrie that looks fantastic. Was expecting to see a table with a brolly over before I saw the photos - well done. :beer::wine_glass::champagne:

1 Like

You have been busy haven’t you, Barrie ? I wondered why there was very little coming out of Bettabuilda Towers regarding retro Hi-Fis recently.

Was this project in response to my summer house / gin palace by any chance ?

Anyway, it’s good to see you have a stereo in your new garden bar ! And it all looks pretty fabulous, by the way. Good on ya, sport !

Chris.

1 Like

:+1::+1::beers::beers::nerd_face::nerd_face:
Thanks Andrew!
Barrie

1 Like

Hi Chris and thanks, you know when someone has a good idea? Well that happened and I did my take on it!:tumbler_glass::wine_glass::cocktail:
Barrie

2 Likes

Barrie, you never cease to amaze me! You must be the proverbial “perpetual motion man”! Well done!

1 Like

You’ve done some pretty epic s**t in your time Barrie but that bloody tops it man.
K’n hell! :joy:

3 Likes

Absolutely brilliant piece of work. Well done! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Bloody brilliant. Love it. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you everyone! I am so pleased with how its turning out :+1:Fathers day Sunday and wanted it done for then. Neither Mrs B or myself have our Dads now but I would hope we can honour them both with a drink in the new bar! My own children have hinted they may pop round. Not overly sure of distancing/visiting rules currently but I’m sure we’ll all be safe. We had a pub directly opposite our house which closed about 3 years ago (part of it 18th century) in fact our next door neighbour was the landlord for many years. My little bar is my own pub now I suppose :thinking:
Unfortunately, I cannot just tootle along, I have to do everything at breakneck speed :woozy_face: Then I wear myself out, needing time to recuperate, in the bar!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::woozy_face:
Barrie

2 Likes

Are you going to proof the timber Barrie?
If so, I can 100% recommend Barattines products.
Expensive, but excellent.

1 Like

The entire build is made out of pressure treated timber a d TBH, all the decking over the years has come from the same supplier, standing the test of time! All I’ve ever done is pressure wash it all after winter each year :+1: Now, having said that that, perhaps it is time to invest in something to make it all match? Thanks for the suggestion, let me look in to Barratines. :+1:

Barrie
EDIT: Just had a quick look, Barretines looks a great product​:+1: neighbour used a water based deck stain and first it rained before it had cured, then by the following year it blistered and flaked. Put me right off. The solvent based you referred to looks up to the job though, a few colours to go at too! :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Hi Barrie, very nice project there,having a new shed built, 8x14 pressure treated t&g with a rubber sheet roof,thinking of getting old motor bike to do up in there,oh and a oo Hornby going round on a shelf, not for me of course its for the new family addition, grandson Max,see you when it blows over, Rob.

1 Like

Hiya Rob, hope you are well? Got to love a shed (or bar) :rofl: you’ll have plenty of space there for a bike restore project :+1:we’ll catch up at some point I’m sure!
Barrie