Bar project for the garden during lockdown

Well I hope it’s better than last year!

Me too Ian! We never make it easy though, it will probably go down to final match with Charlton at home, to get into the play offs :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Barrie

C’on…C/mon…Urray oop 'Arry coom on…
We’re goin’ dahn to Baz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdW1YrHDur0

1 Like

:smile::smile: TBH, we’ve got loads of experience in that field! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Barrie

I have been reading about the evils of drink, so I have given up… reading

4 Likes

I hope the weather’s good and the bar is open 0-1 woohoo

1 Like

Wasn’t our best performance Ian, but Hernandez’ goal did it for us! So happy, now waiting to see what happens Thursday at home against Barnsley :+1:
If Brentford don’t beat Preston on Wednesday, and we beat Barnsley at home, we’re home and dry! Could still take the cup too! The bar will get some stick then!, :joy: :joy:

Barrie

1 Like

Oh, such lovely memories… I had no. 1 and no.2 as a kid, but I have no idea where they are now. So sad.

Updates on bar plus a new ‘addition’ :+1:

What with Father’s day recently, my birthday and our wedding anniversary, things have moved onwards and upwards in the garden :smiley:
First off, I now have two beer pumps so can serve a choice of beverage!

With Leeds being promoted and lifting the cup in their centenary year, Mrs B had this made for me!

And this too!

Finally, seeing as I had a garden bar, Mrs B decided she wanted a spa tub so this was bought and installed :grin:

A lot of effort needed as these things (full) weigh 3/4 tonne! Deck strengthened, lower deck partly rebuilt to be all one level. Had to move dining table to lower level with hot tub using the original space opposite the garden bar. New gazebo to replace the old one as the cover had seen better days and was in need of replacing. A fancy design meant a replacement cover wasn’t available. Had our first ‘dip’ last night after getting free chlorine, PH levels and temperatures right! Must admit, for an inflatable its excellent, very rigid, roomy and well built (Laz-y-spa St Moritz).
Just need some sunshine to go with it now, although with the sides closed on the gazebo last night, it was quite cozy :wink:
Barrie

5 Likes

Looking great Barrie, I could do with a dip in that spa right now.
You have been busy busy, love the signs, well done to Leeds although I’m finding it difficult to say that😁 Taking solice here in Derby that we keep repeating Nottintheplayoffs is the new word, that lot down the A52 from us.
Not really it’s a shame things didn’t go to plan for most this season, maybe next.

I’m trying to get going again but my body has well and truly halted progress this time, just getting that darned freezer sorted out (twice) has done for me again, resting up again.

What’s the next project?:thinking::grin:

1 Like

Been told that’s it now! :grin: TBH, not much else could be fitted in? Might, just might take Scottishfivers advice, get some Barretines wood preserver and “unify” the various timber projects? 2 decks, bar, hand rails etc etc. Its all at different ages, cleans up well with the pressure washer but might be nicer, treated. :thinking:
Barrie

Just for the record.
Can’t use a pressure washer on Barretine’s treated surfaces Baz. It’ll rip the wax surface coat off. Don’t ask me etc.
I was doing the patio stone around summerhouse, but the Karcher lance…um…wandered…and I ended up with marks that will always be there.
TBH, once done, that’s the timber protected really. I doubt you get the same level of weathering as we do in the Frozen North.

1 Like

Morley Spa Resort looks a damn sight better than anything Travelzoo has been throwing up recently.

You’ve heard the quote ‘Build it and they will come’. Think you need security fencing next.

:grinning:

2 Likes

Hey Barrie, it’s all looking rather good. Isn’t it time for a garden bar opening party for your MX-5 OC buddies ?

3 Likes

A couple more bits for the bar :smiley:
Got two more optics for the ever burgeoning inexpensive spirit collection!

Next up were metal magnetic beer badges for the pumps, they can just be swapped out to suit the various beers on offer, ( it is a free house) :sweat_smile:

Last thing for now, i had the speakers mounted in the bar but wasn’t really good stereo in the garden and from the hot tub, couldn’t be heard clearly without cranking up the volume to a level that would annoy the neighbours. So, moved one speaker into the gazebo!

The other one remains in the bar. Quite good actually, walking out of one zone and into another, listening to the same tune :nerd_face::nerd_face:

Barrie

7 Likes

Just sat in the new spa, listening to the Alman Brothers ‘Jessica’ and thought I’d snap my view! :smiley:

All peaceful here as I’m steadily consuming this

Supplied from here

Happy days!
Barrie

8 Likes

Please don’t press the selfie mode button. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Coming for a dip Barrie, just finished my cobble stone laying, absolutely cream crackered :roll_eyes:

Looking great, looks like your in some exotic location.:smile::+1:

2 Likes

Did you keep yer Jocks on Baz? :fearful:

3 Likes

In order, Paul its not a pleasant site!

Mick, get round quick while the waters at temperature! Its not that good :stuck_out_tongue:
Scottishfiver, of course, we use a modicum of decorum here in Yorkshire, well sometimes anyway :smile::smile:
Barrie

3 Likes