Bar project for the garden during lockdown

The things we do! :rofl:
It’s nice to see other folks take on things like this, I appreciate you sharing yours :+1::beer::beer:
Barrie

Morning all! The inaugural opening of the lockdown bar went very well yesterday​:+1: only dampened by Leeds poor performance at Cardiff :woozy_face:
Word spread fast in my family and bar related stuff appeared for Fathers day, pride of place going to this.

A joint pressy from Mrs B and my daughter and youngest lad, other son sent this.

I feel blessed by their generosity :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Daughters fiancee ripped some CD’s 60’s compilation albums which, surprisingly to me, played perfectly on my aging Sony mini system resplendent with a mini disc player! For which I no longer have any mini discs! :rofl::rofl:

Barrie

6 Likes

Brilliant idea - you’ve started something now! I think I have the Misses on side…

1 Like

One of the best compilations for summery days (or any days really), is one entitled ‘Sunny Afternoons’. It was a double CD, issued on Polygram in 1995, and still available from eBay for about three quid.

It’s packed with summery hits by the likes of The Kinks, The Beach Boys, The Lovin’ Spoonful, Donovan, The Monkees, The Small Faces and a host of others - all dating from the 1960s.

4 Likes

Hi Chris, I just downloaded this on Spotify, not sure if its the same one?

Just waiting for weather to pick up to match the title of the album! :smile::smile:
Barrie

1 Like

My wife had a clear out around 12 months ago and informed me take a look at the pile of CD’s bound for the charity shop.

I rescued a few, this was amongst them, my favourite.

1 Like

That’s the one Mick :+1:
Barrie

Now on Spotify too as I’ve done away with the CD playing head unit but still got one in the home.:+1:

1 Like

I’m mechless too Mick, in the car at least! Various units still around the house though, tons of CD’S in boxes. Used to subscribe to Brittania music club back in the days! Never sent anything back! Always kept whatever came through as pick of the month! :rofl::rofl:
Barrie

1 Like

My missus says I’m stuck in the 60’s and 70’s as far as music goes. Try listening to something different she says. I’ve just loaded another playlist for listening in the car, it’s still 60’s and 70’s, ok I tried.
I do have more up-to-date stuff, not much it’ll never be as long lasting as my era of musical taste.

1 Like

:grinning::grinning: I’m similar Mick, 50’s, 60’s,70’s some 80’s stuff too! I like certain Jazz, classical, pop some not popular stuff too! An eclectic mix!
Barrie

Britannia? Me too! Got most of my classical CD’s through them!

1 Like

This thread has moved on a bit since my post of yesterday.

Yes Barrie, that is the album I was talking about. Well worth £3 of anyone’s money.

My musical tastes tend to be for old stuff too - your list of 60s, 70s, and some 80s is much the same as mine. Not 50s quite so much though. I think as we make our way through life, we develop certain individual tastes in music, and as times change, we reach a point where we don’t want to change with them, and stick with what we know and love. Very little new stuff floats my boat, the last new artist I purchased an album by was Seasick Steve, and he wasn’t exactly new, was he ?

I never sell or store any of my records, vinyl, CD or whatever - they mean too much to me. I have about 400 vinyl albums, and a couple of thousand CDs. Some I have digitized, and have them stored onto a laptop, from which I make playlists, often of several hours in length, to play, via Bluetooth, through a sound bar thingy, for entertainment during parties etc. I suppose taking the place of what cassette tapes would have been used for back in the day.

3 Likes

Yes Chris, our preferred listening is indicative of our own ages. My choices would be the music I heard from Mum as a baby - “Swing” from late '30’s/40’s, then as a child “Popular” from '40’s/50’s, teenager “R&R” from '50’s, then the ''60’s and '70’s, nothing mainstream much afterward.

3 Likes

Barrie, the weather might be dodgy but break out the beer on the score so far 3-0

1 Like

Well, we did better today against Fulham!

Barrie

1 Like

Great result Ian!
Barrie

1 Like

Carrying on with the bars, built this for daughter and her fiancee! Not a elaborate as mine but its just what they wanted :+1: fridge installed, possibly more shelving to be built and some lighting but its 'open today I believe :rofl::rofl:
Barrie

3 Likes

I hope all these bars are going to be well used in a few games time

1 Like

We’re trying this one today Ian, bought the LUFC match pass so will be cheering them on at our daughters! :smiley::smiley:
Barrie