BBR Conversions - Balding Blokes Revitalised?

I’ve been stalking BBR GTi’s Facebook page for a while in the (as yet) vain hope a generous maiden Aunt leaving me a pot of cash.  I’ve done the Man maths, I know it’s not cheap, I know they’re good.  I know Customers are happy.

And yet there is one worry, not mechanical but personal.  Trawl through the pictures on the page of smiling Customers picking up their newly breathed upon MX5’s, palms sweating in the anticipation of their drive home and one thing will begin to dawn.  

Almost without exception (ok, there’s a few exceptions), they’re all middle/late middle aged blokes, often grey haired, often a little rather well endowed in belt department, normally wearing cords or “Dad Jeans” and a sensible fleecy to keep warm with the roof down.  Go look, see if I’m right?

Sh*t, I’ve just described myself.  

So, any of you Balding Blokes Revitalised like to say if you’re glad to have joined the Club? 

“What’s that Auntie? you’re feeling a little unwell? Here, sign this bit of paper and take 27 of these pretty sweets, I’ll soon be feeling much better”. 

Not balding although it wouldn’t bother me as I have had a high forehead since birth just with highlights now, no cords and no jeans as the belly gets in the way. The extra oomph! from BBR was worth every penny.

I thought the shirt was a good idea but then again, who cares when you have your foot down and a grin on your face.

I guess its probably better to BB with a BBR than a BB without a BBR.
Sadly I’m currently a BB without a BBR. Who’s thinking of becoming a BBR.

You won’t regret it 

Well, I am 54, still got my own brown hair (ok slightly balding??), waist same as in 20’s at 32 inch and decent Armani jeans, although I am a Dad and. Grandad???.. I do like a nice fleece though??, I find the Boss suit gets awfully creased in the MX…

Also a newish member of the BBR clan with a Super 200 conversion. Keep an eye on your Auntie, cos it will be the best money you will ever spend, which you will realise the first time you put your foot down…

Go take your Auntie to BBR for a test drive in one of their cars ??

Just do it!

Which conversion did you go for pjr?

Im 36 and a VERY happy BBR customer with a full head of hair and a 32" waist

Regrettably, the auntie is just a figment of my imagination.  

I’m not expecting any mysterious inheritance to appear so it’s got to be out of out of savings.  

I’m in South Devon and it’s a fair old hike to BBR in Brackley (although coincidentally, I lived just down the road in the late 70s). I’m pondering either the Super 200 or the Stage 1 Turbo.  Anyone within spitting distance able to take me for a spin?

Balding, grey-haired 61 year-old with a BBR Super 200 and go-faster stripes. Am I happy? You bet… 

[quote=Mac5]

Balding, grey-haired 61 year-old with a BBR Super 200 and go-faster stripes. Am I happy? You bet… 

Blimey, you just described me exactly, except I don’t have the go faster stripes!  

46 year old been balding since mid 20s but not worn cords since my aunties funeral many years ago. 

Super 200 with extremely loud cobra race type box, I do many track days and always drive like ive just nicked it but obviously adhering to the law, seriously worth every penny, don’t think about it just do it, life’s too short, I stayed in a hotel for a night in brackley, forget it’s name but very reasonable and full of racing memorabili, promise you, you will love it. 

58 and bald and with a BBR 200, best bit of ‘you can’t take it with you’, you will not regret!

stop tempting me you lot ! Only had my 5 for a few months and keep finding myself on the BBR website thinking about the Super 200. I’m 50, grey haired but not balding yet, well not that I know of anyway Laughing

Welcome to come for a ride in my car if you want to see what its like when breathed upon a little :wink:

62, full head of hair. No cords. 19 year old car mad son who wears better clothes than me and has a liking for track days  

Acquired a taste for the MX-5 last year when I bought a 1999 10th Anniversary.  Bought a 2009 2.0 Sport Tech last week that is booked in for BBR Super 200 plus Koni suspension package.

I’ve no doubt that my son will drive it better and faster than me, but I’ll have more fun.

Cheers Will appreciate the offer   . I may take you up on it in the future.

Only problem being I hadn’t intended to breath upon mine anywhere near as much as you have on yours!

Was probably only going to start towards the bottom end of their conversions. Going out in your 225? would be great    but is going to give me a bit of a false impression isn’t it  .

I’ve driven past your house a few times and seen your posts on Nutz your car always looks impressive.

Mark

61 and grey, but most of it left… 180bhp from Autotronix Developments

[Going out in your 225? would be great    but is going to give me a bit of a false impression isn’t it  .

Mark

It will tell you the amount of times you are going back to finally  get the car how you want it .