BBR upgrades

Well i could of course phone around and speak to tuners, but first I thought I’d ask here

If the answer is camshafts are different to exhausts go away and speak to tuners then fair enough

Just one example have a read of this.
Sure BBR will have optimised the camshafts and hopefully come to an engine compromise. As you will see pros and cons.
Drivability is key.
“Personally” I would stick with the standard camshafts. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks , will read

It does seem to the 200 package is the one to go for

Which brings me full circle , why would you buy the 180 packages for the same money?

Essentially they’re selling you stuff you don’t need to make power.
What makes the power is the manifold, the cams and the remap, the rest is just guff.

1 Like

Yes, it does seem that the 200 package is the one to go for

200hp dyno

185 dyno, made 187.4hp

Hp and torque curve more liner on the 185 kit. I guess the cams are better if you want to rally your car around all the time but the 185 looks a bit better for daily driving.
It tends to shift the powerband of the car so the mid range seems to suffer a little bit.

3 Likes

For road use I’ve found the 185 GT pack perfectly adequate. I have the BBR manifold, BBR centre section, Racing Beat rear silencer, and the BBR tune. Produced about 189hp if I recall.

Feels a good level of power for the roads I drive on and my driving style. The full exhaust, rather than just the manifold, might not add a significant amount of power, but it does add noise, and therefore perceived power :sunglasses::raised_hands:

3 Likes

Super 200 here.

For me it’s the cams which give the car so much more character.

I’ve been considering the GT back box for mine but concerned about any droning.

There will come a time when you’ll be able to buy the same performance at a greatly reduced price, but without the bits you don’t need.

Can anyone explain the dyno sheet above. What is Av HP? Is this the wheel BHP?

Figures are calculated and displayed as FWHP.
Blue lines are before mapping, red lines are after.

Well, the manifold and remap is 1200
Super 200 is double that but is double the power,

So these two makes sense

What doesn’t make sense to me is two other packages with full exhaust changes at same price roughly as the Super 200

However , there is a good answer above that suggests the power delivery with the exhaust packages suit a different driving style for road use

Maybe BBR could explain that better, maybe I’m just thick dunno

What you need to do is take all the red line figures from both and plot them together on one graph, then you’ll see straight away the differences.

The 200 package appears to include only the exhaust tail pipes (tips) not the complete exhaust the 185 package includes.

In my opinion, it’s important to not get hung up on the figures really. (Yes I know it’s nice to say I have this or that).
Clearly, BBR use the software program to convert the WBHP/Torque to the figures people like to hear. OR they come from a actual engine Dyno?
Your print out would not be the latter for obvious reasons.

Those 2 graphs are not really consistent. As the blue lines show the original engine graphs which are completely different for the 185 and the 200.
In other words if both blue lines on the graphs represent a “standard engine”, I would expect to see both blue lines being the same, (they are not).
The Red lines would obviously be different because of the different parts used, (as pointed out).
Let’s be honest BBR (or indeed any other tuner) are not going to provide graphs that are not consistent with the packages on offer.
Probably, all Dyno’s will provide different readings for the same car too.

As an example, my graph only provides Wheel BHP and Torque. As he said you can’t measure the crankshaft figures on a chassis Dyno.

I had 4-1 IL header.
Skuzzle Torque Intake.
Standard centre pipe and cat.
Cobalt Rear Box
Remap.
I watched for a good 50 minutes or so the remap tuning, because he wanted to get the curve right with no dips or troughs…
This is all done on the Chassis Dyno with a 1:1 ratio i.e 4th gear and at 7400 RPM.
The end result was 153.2 WHEEL BHP with a 137.0 FtLb.
To actually convert the WBHP is 137 x 7400 RPM = 1013800 ÷ 5252 (The mathematical figure) = 193.03 BHP.
Whether it actually is , is another matter of course.
But I reckon the extra 8 does come from the Torque intake?
Believe it or not the remap actually gives me better MPG too, (Have proved that).
I’am not a betting man, but I know you will go with the 200!
Enjoy. :+1:

2 Likes

Tbh the price of 1200 for manifold and remap is inline with everyone else and seems to give me what I want, road driving , not track days

Not sure I’m going to get anything from the cams package as I’m not going to tear around Devon and Cornwall at 6000 revs

Yes I get that but what is the Av HP? at the bottom

A wise decision. Surely they can tweak the package/price for the bits that you want perhaps.

Average hp

Just had my 4 year old 2.0 litre ND RF ECU Stage 1 remapped by OZMO in Dorchester for £275. Only an extra 15bhp but it has made a significant improvement to throttle pick up. Very pleased. Didn’t go for decoke as well as I run on premium.