Bettabuilda's AHURA MAZDA

Image result for man sitting on toilet van

This should do you Barrie.

That looks perfect Dave, Iā€™ve still got time to get a set printedĀ Ā very helpful suggestionĀ 

Barrie

Right, onwards and upwards

Exactly a week ago today, I ordered a set of gauge faces from Adam at Revlimiter in America. Message this morning from Parcelforce, they are arriving within the hour today. How good is that?Ā So, got my usual domestic chores out of the way ( itā€™s not as easy as it sounds being retiredĀ Ā ) washing and drying, empty and reload dishwasher, make bed, take Barney out for his morning walk round the woods, well itā€™s more of a copse really but you get the pictureĀ Ā I then shot into garage after a coffee and a croissant, to start pulling the car to bits in preparation for the new dial faces. That reads like I was chasing the coffee and croissant into the garageĀ 

• remove gauge binnacle, not forgetting to disconnect the microphone once free of the four tabs. A gentle pull around the edges releases the binnacle.
  • release the tilt handle on the column and unscrew the 3 screws that hold the two halves of the shroud around the ignition. Two nearest you when sat behind wheel are self tapper types and the one farthest away is a machine screw type. Split the two halves by gently pulling apart, set aside the top section and let the bottom piece just hang from the key illumination wire.
  • bottom centre cover across steering column is removed by again, gently pulling the top edge towards you, bottom end just hooks into the main lower dash, set aside.
  • next is to remove the gauge pod itself. Along the lower edge is a rubber flap that can be raised at each side, exposing two screws at right angles to the pod (one at each side) A torch comes in handy here. A single top one in the middle also needs unscrewing. The pod pivots here during removal. Yet another gentle pull from the bottom disengages the pod, pivot up and out and then release the two electrical connectors from behind, there is also a clip that retains the wiring harness in position, a PITA to undo.
  • You are now free to take your pod to a nice clean environment AKA dining table in kitchen with Mrs B out at workĀ 
  • Once there, four small cross head screws hold the rear cover in position. Unscrew and remove rear cover.
  • The front piece of the pod (the lenses) is held with small tabs around the edges. Gently release these and work around the edge until all released. The front then comes away. Good time to clean and polish this piece as they do get a bit grubby.
  • The next part has you clenching your buttocks. Removing the needles from the individual dials. Anyone that has done this on a NA model will have levered off the needles with equal pressure from both sides of the needles, two teaspoons work well here. DO NOT do this method on the NC gauges!!!!! The method is to gently wind the needle anti-clockwise a few times first, then whilst rotating the needle, gently ease it upwards away from the gauge. It will free off a bit, rotate again and pull upwards a bit more, this will release the needle from the shaft. Set all of them aside once removed.
  • I got hold of a red sharpie pen and "painted" the needles themselves, straight onto the needles after a quick clean. Looks quite effective.
  • The actual dial face is a one piece affair, unlike the NA/NB types with individual gauge faces. There are locating pins at 12, 3 and 9 'o clock positions and the face plate is held over the 5 gauges, again, gently pull up and over the centres of the gauges and set aside.

Thats it for now, just waiting for the new gauges to land shortly.

Barrie

Ā 

1 Like

Defo blew it mate. Played the best footy of the four teams in the play offs but that doesnā€™t account for anything in the end. Watford came good for us in the end, not turning up against City, so its off to Europe for the Wolves. First time since 1980! Iā€™d have said that wasnā€™t possible a few years ago so who knows maybe next year it will be Leeds turn to finally go back up up?

Had to change my black surround. The grille took a whack from something and it ended up broken in two places. Easier to swap in a new one than get it sprayed up.

Thanks. surprisingly loads of people like the boot liner. Iā€™m sure yours will look good. Are you going for the one that does the underside of the boot lid as well?

Like the idea with the badges.

Which style dial face did you go for? Having swapped the instrument cowl for the low rise binnacle I so want to do mine, would complete the look, but I donā€™t think I have the guts to remove those needlesā€¦

Mark

Morning MarkĀ Ā Iā€™ve put some pics up while you were typingĀ Ā Looks like Bielsa is staying so who knows! Good luck with your campaign. At the moment I went for the boot liner and the interior deluxe mat set. My OEM carpets, with the mileage the car has done,are the worse for wear so a set of the quilted ones will smarten it up I hope.

The gauge swap isnā€™t actually as bad as Iā€™ve made it sound, just a bit of melodrama to get folk on the edge of their seatsĀ 

Barrie

As I was typing, this popped through the letterbox

Not quick enough to beat the dog to the door thoughĀ Ā no harm done, managed to get it before he shredded it. Will get on with installation shortly, just having a coffee, bag of nerves I amĀ 

Barrie

Literally a few minutes to get the new gauge faces mounted onto the cluster, the needles are very easy to reinstall with no calibration as such, required. The smaller gauge needles are placed onto the shafts of the gauges, rotated anti clockwise until they line up with the little ā€œtickā€ marks provided, then carefully pushed down onto the shafts. Not too far, as the needles wonā€™t rotate if they are pressing on the dial face. Same principle applies to the two larger needles but this time they align at ZERO.Ā 

Not much more to say, apart from what great quality these are! All you need is in the kit, nitrile gloves, dry dust cloth, some stickers. Full installation guide is on the Revlimiter website. Putting them back in the car is a reverse of taking them out, 6 screws in total and 3 plugs to reconnect if you have the Bose microphone. Everything else just snaps into place! I estimate, even if youā€™ve not done this before, about 90minutes max, from start to finish. Certainly makes a difference and I paid Ā£122.82 shipped with no custom charges, VAT etc?Ā 

Barrie

Excellent colour but whereā€™s the Leeds logo, needles should be blue and yellow!

these look great barrie , really smart
well jell

Picture back in the car

Barrie

Just updating the listĀ 

• Done, OEM wheels refurbished in graphite colour, complete with new set of tyres and flush valves, centre caps in black
  • Done, Pioneer single din unit with new fascia, Bose harness etc
  • Done, Halo DRL's with front fogs
  • Done, Variable intermittent wiper stalk
  • Done, Engine oil and filter, gearbox and diff oils changed
  • Done, underside Bilt Hamber rust treated and undersealed
  • Done, paintless dent removal
  • Done, Brakes checked over, calipers and discs painted
  • Done, Silvatec indicator bulbs, front, back and sides
  • Done, installed Revlimiter 'Redline' dial/gauge faces
  • Done, installed RSW retrimmed wheel, thumb grips, flat bottom, thicker in perforated sides and smooth top/bottom, black with red stitch
  • Ordered, Carbonmiata deluxe floor liners/mats quilted black with red stitch
  • Ordered, Carbonmiata quilted black with red stitch boot liner
  • Done, AUDI sun visor conversion parts fitted
  • Done, new custom bumper top & wing bolts/washers
  • Done, swapped out dipstick for latest version
  • Done, Meister club race suspension fitted
  • Ordered, custom wing and bonnet AHURA badges.
  • Booked, Full respray, OEM Aluminium metallic with graphite roof/windscreen & fog surrounds/door handles
  • Booked, Seat surgeons for interior in black, perforated quilted panels all in red stitch with a new logo on headrests.Ā 
  • Pondering, Zunsport full front grille with offset rectangular reg plate. Not ordered yet as not sure if black or polished?

Following Barrie, still in Scotland though. Might have crack at those dials when Iā€™ve saved up

Iā€™ve got a funny sound on start up from cold, a rattle, sounds like a heat shield. Ever since I hit a brick on the cross brace just aft of the engine, nothing else damaged and it still purrs along nicely.

Forgot to mention I watched the footy, although Iā€™m from Derby Iā€™m a Brewers season ticket holder, still cheer on the Rams though, sorry.

My car is a mess, canā€™t wait to get the shampoo and polish out when I get back after so 1200 miles and been away 15 days hopping around Scotland.

Hey, we all support somebody MickĀ Ā Iā€™ll be cheering your lot on anyway, good luck and weā€™ll see you next season end when you drop back down again as we go upĀ Ā Ā Only joking mate. Sounds like youā€™ve done an epic tour of Scotland and hope you and your good lady have enjoyed it, I trust the noise is nothing serious, as you say maybe a cover plate/heat shield come slightly adrift.

Barrie

1 Like

Gauges look amazing !! Well done Barrie ???

Thank you Barrie, sheā€™s enjoying it immensely, only 3 days left, currently in Stirling.

I was only joking the other day, my car can just clear a house brick as itā€™s that low and what happens I hit one that was sticking up at s pull off on the side of the road.

You know what happened last time Derby were in the Prem, embarrassing so you may have it spot on about Leeds getting up next season and replacing them

Hi Barrie , firstly how cool for you to right behind me at Elvington for world record attempt ???. Anyway going to follow your journey with interest with this little beauty , already looking amazing with a little TLC ??? Hope to catch up again take care regards Richy ā€¦ Top down alwaysĀ 

Hi Barrie, really really like the new profile logo is it going to be the same color on the seats , cheers Rob.

Hi Richy, yes I sort of got sandwiched in amongst your mates  great fun though and following you round it was obvious that you were enjoying every single minute of it!  See you somewhere matey!

Barrie

Morning Rob, missed you at the last meet, you coming along to the next one or is CASA ROB calling?  Iā€™ve decided to go with red for the logo on the headrests to match the quilting stitch. Why, do you think it might look better as in my avatar pic? Open to suggestions, just thought it might be more subtle in the red 

Barrie

Your going soft, subtle do it. How about color print say 75% A4 cut out blue tac to seat stand back cock your head photo it put it on here and then start a yey or neh thread. Missed last meet was toping up the tan on the Irish Sea Island.Golf just passed MOT no Adv,s, back of the net.Sorry about all these yellowĀ  things 11 year old granddaughter said its cool to use.Whatever.