Birthday plan... for cure my loneliness

Today is my birthday… not just an… but my 30th.
Now I live alone… I work and go home.
I’m not going to lie… I feel tragic… depressed is an understatement.
I just hit the big 30… current sat on the sofa. Crying, I’ve no shame. :sob:
Would be nice we could meet somewhere and pretend it’s my birthday so I wouldnt of felt so alone ? Am I asking too much… just a drive somewhere… get food. So i can experience a proper birthday like on films etc… please…am I asking too much …
Thank you for reading. Enjoy your evening :blush::blush:

5 Likes

Happy birthday day from Yorkshire, I don’t know how to help but I acknowledge you and wish you all the best :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hang in there, you will find that “being lonely” will turn into “being alone”. It might not make sense now, but it will. Birthdays and Christmas is the worst, oh and Valentines Day (what a crock!) I thought West Midlands had a pub meet tonight?

2 Likes

Happy 30th birthday Amber… Was thinking of you and how I hadn’t seen you here for a few days…
It won’t be of any comfort to you, but I have had these feelings of loneliness, emptiness and life being more about a routine existence… Seems to me you just want some of the nice stuff in life, the meet-ups and some quality time… it isn’t too much to ask for… I hit 60 next February, and I feel my day may be similar to yours today… but try smiling now instead of crying… You’re not alone…

Rob

2 Likes

Hard not to feel lonely in certain situations,I’ve been in yours too and things will get better,just don’t hide away :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve been on my own years… thisnisnt new to me… just gets to me from time to time is all.

3 Likes

Happy birthday, I feel for you. My son suffered similarly, he joined a club associated with one of his hobbies (military vehicles) met a lot of like minded people.
You’re interested in motorbikes, have you thought about motorbike clubs? Go to your local MX5 owners club meetings perhaps?

Happy Birthday Amber. It’s a bit of a trek, but the Peaks & Pennines group are meeting this evening in Wentworth. I guess it’s a couple of hours drive up the M42 - M1, but you’re very welcome I’m sure to come along! Starts at 18:30.
If you fancy it, please let me know and I’ll forward you the details.
Regardless, I hope you have a great day :birthday:

Happy Birthday :slight_smile:
30 is still young!

I was taught in school that the only reason we cry is that it’s our bodies natural way of removing dirt from the eyes, nothing more. So don’t feel ashamed for having some grit in the eye. :+1:

I think we both already do!

Than again: 30th vs 31st :wink:

1 Like

30? Nice age and less than half of me, so just look at it as a number, nothing too important.

Anyway, happy birthday Amber, and maybe drop the roof, and celebrate with a drive on some country roads while the sun is shining… or even not, as it caught me out a few weeks ago when I got soaking wet, as I was unable to pull up anywhere safely.

I just had to laugh!

2 Likes

Lots of people to talk to on here hun,don’t be alone !

4 Likes

Happy 30th Birthday Amber!

Everyone has ups and downs in their life and sometimes the ups or the downs last a lot longer than we expect. However, there re plenty of people on here to chat too nd I agree with Mike-MX5-Racer, get the hood down and go out for a drive, or go out on your motorbike, but take it easy. Enjoy the journey and go somewhere different that you have never been before. Head into the countryside and go down some country roads. You are near Tamworth, so head North East towards Swadlincote, there are some nice roads around there.

There should be some meets, but as Nick above suggests, there is on in Wentworth, which is an hour and a half from you. I would go. If you can leave at 5-5:30, you will be there for 6:30-7pm and I am sure they will help you celebrate your birthday.

Whatever you do, (I would make a trip to meet you, but unfortunately I have a team match tonight), just chill and try and do something new.

I sincerely hope you enjoy the day. take care and a Happy 30th!!

Ian

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Yesterday :clap: :clap: :clap:
Think Fellow Members Have Proved that You’re Never Alone As a Club Member :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’m in ST5 [West Mids]…Belated Birthday Meet :thinking:
Taking My Lead From the Film Shirley Valentine :laughing:
Remembering That Sometimes Talking to Yourself is The Only Way to Have a Decent Conversation ! :crazy_face: :sunglasses:
Joking Aside
You’ll Get Through This :muscle:
Happy to Meet If We’re Not Too Far Away From Each Other
[Female But Not Girly…Rather Talk MX5, Life The Universe & Everything]
Alternatively ROOF DOWN and HEAVY ON THE ACCELERATOR does Wonders For the Cobwebs in the MX5 and Me Brain
Kindest :grinning:

2 Likes

What, Bea Smith, Vinegar, Jim Fletcher, Doreen and Joan Ferguson got MX-5s?

As nice as that would be… I an unable to attend meets as I work alot… ive just stepped in!

Appreciate it all though… times have been horrible.for me. (Not looking for sympathy)
Purley struggling at this time… as many have been…

1 Like

Buy a cat.

2 Likes

No thank you. I had my dog PTS recently… im not ready.

Tough luck, you’re going to get bags of sympathy round here :hugs:, and the mention of your dog - no wonder things have been weighing you down of late.

My own suggestion for when you’re stuck inside, binge watch your favourite comedies. You might not feel like it, but start watching, relax into it, and then you’ll start enjoying it.

Sure it isn’t a cure-all, but it might be a help :slight_smile:

2 Likes