Bluestuff vs Yellowstuff - EBC pads

Hi chaps,

I’m on https://ebcbrakesdirect.com and about to buy some pads for my NC for trackdays.

Has anyone tried the Bluestuff vs Yellowstuff pads? Do they squeak if I were to leave them on the car for normal driving?

Thanks

1 Like

Never mind I bought the bluestuff cuz the yellow weren’t in stock.

BTW 25% discount with code FAM20 (just used it)

1 Like

Anecdotally all the EBC seem to squeak and also have a reputation for being excessively dusty, but depends on your discs too obviously. Yellow and Blue stuff can require a bit of warming up too so not ideal being kept on for regular road use, but goes for most track biased pads, there’s always going to be a compromise.

In general I’ve seen a lot of negative comments on Green stuff and a lot of positive on Red stuff but I have no experience of any, I’m just pharaphrasing the masses here as my personal experience on the ND is the OEM pad is generally fine for fast road use so I’ve had no cause to go for upgraded ones. Everyone seems to rate Ferrodo’s DS and Pagid’s RS pads on track but apparently they squeal like pigs! Be interested to hear how you get on with the Blue stuff.

2 Likes

I bought some brembo disks and pads a couple of months ago (but the pads are for road use) and they seem great for that use

However I’m going to do a few trackdays this year so i know the pads will be shot if i leave them in. i will change to the ebc before the trackdays to get them bed in, so it will probably be a couple of months until i can provide any feedback (but i will)

I run EBC Yellowstuff on my NC for track and daily driving with no issues. No squeaking either.

3 Likes

Cool thanks for letting me know. Approx how many trackdays do you get out of one set of pads?

A lot depends on the type of track, how many laps and your driving style but on average I would get at least 4 track days I would say (Blyton Park). Get Yellowstuff from Carparts4less, cheap as chips.

1 Like

Thanks, i had a nosey at the carparts4less (and it looks similar options with eurocarparts tbh) but it won’t give me ebc yellow stuff as an option. Only standard pads

1 Like

You have to look under their ‘Performance’ section.

1 Like

Me too, yellowstuff pads and ultimax discs all round here. A little dustier than prior but find perfectly acceptable for road driving.

2 Likes

Blue stuff pads all round on my NC.
No squeal and fine on the road.
Little bit dusty after a track day.

1 Like

Eurocarparts and Carpartsforless are the same company. Carpartsforless are online only.

1 Like

Learning something new everyday. Cheers for that

CP4L is usually cheaper but there’s a lot more discount codes to use with ECP than will often make them cheaper. The list of goods stocked is not identical, I can’t recall which has better product availability now. And with ECP you can of course collect locally if they have stock and you’re in a rush.

2 Likes

You can’t use discount codes on ECPs ‘Performance’ parts range though unfortunately.

Tbh the eurocarparts discount basically brings back their overinflated prices to competitive prices. I haven’t particularly found them any cheaper to other companies that offer the same parts, the great thing with them is to have the convenience of collecting or return parts to a local shop (which is great imho)

Mind you i paid 188.30 for front and back ebc bluestuff pads with the ebc coupon i mentioned earlier.

I think that was pretty good price tbh

3 Likes

Yes that’s true. They make you think you’re getting a good deal, when in fact there non sales prices are usually ridiculous.

£188 I would say is about right.

NC, Yellowstuff all around brakes when i want it to. No complaints and have been on over a year. Not one for cleaning my car much, so don’t really know about the brake dust side. it’s not something i worry about.

well they lasted 2 and a half trackdays…
winmax w5 for me next

In fairness this is all I’ve managed to get out of a set of Roddisons pads too. Not sure if he recommends Them as a fast road and light track use pad, but two fairly hard driven days (blyton and croft) and I wouldn’t risk using these pads on a third day.

Time to look for something a bit harder! May need to dig deeper into my wallet.

In fact the pad level has dropped so quickly today, that on the way home from croft, the fluid level Sensor kept tripping lol :slight_smile:

No idea what I’ll go with next though