Bought my first MX-5 today!

Hi all,

Just put the deposit down on a NC2 2.0 sport tech, I’ve been doing my research for the last few months and have test drove a few in that time.

This low milage example popped up just outside my price range and I’ve spent the last week convincing myself that I can stretch that extra few £££ and bit the bullet today!

Now the agonising wait for it to be ready for me to collect which will probably coincide with more weeks of relentless rain!

From the hampshire area and look forward to giving you all the traditional MX-5 wave.

Apoligies in advance for all the questions im bound to be asking on the forums!

17 Likes

Congratulations. What did you go for in the end? Any pics?

:heart:

I meant colour combination etc :+1:

Couldn’t decide when I got mine, fancied the dark grey metallic, sport black, even considered ae but didn’t want to spend the money so ended up getting aluminium.

I went for a copper red one, hadn’t seen many about whilst I’ve been looking and its quite a striking colour.

I’m not a massive fan of the chrome so that may have to come off in the near future but ill explore my options for that.

12 Likes

Good choice, they look great in the sun when waxed up. :+1: (In my opinion of course).

Very nice. :sunglasses:

Super choice of car! Our MX5 is also a 2.0 Sport Tech, and a very similar age. I hope it brings as much fun into your life as ours has for us.

Nice one :+1:

Enjoy your new ride and please post plenty of pics of your adventures.

Cheers,
Guy

Hi Mike,
Great choice and you will have “miles of smiles” in your 5👍

Terry and myself are your AC’s if you are in Southern Hampshire and we look forward to seeing you and your 5 at our drives and events😉

Regards

Mal

1 Like

As first impressions go it gave one hell of one on the test drive, so its looking likley!

2 Likes

Great choice of car and colour! I bought my first MX5 (NC Mk111) mid-March in Copper red. I love it!

5 Likes

Looks lovely and welcome :hugs:

Very nice mate. Gonna be cool doing the work cruises to the lantern in the summer!

Don’t worry about the rain. You might have to keep the lid on but rain comes with it’s own fun…

1 Like

Welcome to MX5 ownership. We to took the plunge and ended up with a copper red 2.0 Sport Tech as well.
Beautiful colour imho.
Enjoy the miles of smiles it will bring you

7 Likes

Enjoy👍

1 Like

Congrats. Needs lowering.

2 Likes

A new excuse for a latern trip is always a positive! :ok_hand:

Replacing the chrome around my grille was always on my to do list, but seeing yours with the black surround has made it an ASAP job!

Thats on the list!