Camping

Oh how easy you make it sound… I’m afraid the reality is that it would cost £3,000 to hire the airfield and then there’s the question of it not being licensed for overnight camping… possibly coz tent pegs don’t go into concrete but there will be other local issues as well.  

Even if it was feasible, two portaloo’s at £70 for three days comes out at £210 so with your suggestion of charging a few ie 3 quid we just need 70 cars to come camping and we’ll break even.   Washing facilities???

Lets try and look at this sensibly… campming is best done in campsites, that is what they are designed for. 

With a little over 4 weeks until the Spring Rally, and the lack of any information regarding campsites, I imagine its looking highly unlikely that there will be a designated campsite at all.

[:O]

Designated Campsite for Spring Rally is:

Fangfoss Park…  it is 6.7 miles from the entrance to the Yorkshire Air Museum and Elvington Airfield

I have just spoken to to owner and he is happy for us as a Car Club to stay and have a gazebo and gas bbq. 

Pitches are £11 a night but I will go for a discount once we have confirmed numbers to barter with.

Location:  The map on their website is not very clear but if you Google Map post code YO41 5QB and switch to satellite, you can see the campsites exact position.

List:  who will be the first on the list?

That’s really good news, Mick, thanks for organising that.

Unfortunatly we have now made other plans, after visited the two sites very close to the venue, on a very snowy day in February and finding them fully booked.

As a matter of interest where does this leave the members who have booked onto other sites?

Will they lose their deposits if they move?

B & L

Nice one Mick, thank you for the update [:D]

Put me down for the Saturday night, possibly the Friday, but wont know until a lot clser to the date [:D]

I would guess that’s a matter between the campsite and themselves… but as noone on here has said they have found somewhere, booked and then invited others to book at the same place - it shouldn’t be an issue.

Great stuff the list begins

List:               Friday              Saturday

Bluenoes        tbc                     yes 

Thanks for letting me know - I’ve been knocked back from every site within 10 miles of Elvington, and was about to start towards Selby area, shalln’t bother now.

No worries matey… it’s just the way it is at times.

Shall I add you to the list???

Put me down for Fri and Sat nite pls…Is there a pub close by?

No thanks - I think I’ll do Jap Fest instead

Thanks Mick, please put me down for two pitches for the Friday and Saturday nights (2 people, 2 tents, 2 MX-5s, 2 nights, 2 crates of beer).

Cheers, Ado

one mile away in Fangfoss and 1.1 miles away in Wilberfoss

I will add you to the list

Ok, have a good time there

Will do [:)] 

As At 1540hrs Friday 17 April 2009

Camping List:               Friday              Saturday                Notes

Bluenoes                            tbc                     yes 

Conebolt                             yes                    yes

Ado                                      yes                    yes                        MX-5 + 1 + beer  

Ado                                      yes                    yes                        MX-5 + 1 + beer 

Nearest pub according to Google is the Carpenters Arms, Fangfoss. 1.2 miles in the village. 

I think i will be up for camping now - TBC … maybe two cars - one tent [:P]

We’ll be camping please, 1 Tent, 2 fives and 2 smiles!!!

Friday TBC but def Saturday night

Do I need to book personally, or will the pitches be reserved?

Thanks for organising this Mick

Darren and Louise

As At 1615hrs Tuesday 21 April 2009

Camping List:               Friday              Saturday                Notes

Bluenoes                            tbc                     yes                       (Andy …)

Conebolt                            yes                    yes                        (Brian …)

Torn Ado                            yes                    yes                        MX-5 + 1 + beer 

Torn Ado                            yes                    yes                        MX-5 + 1 + beer

Raydar27                           tbc                     tbc                        2 cars 1 tent  (Steve Taylor)

DarrenM                             tbc                    yes                        1 tent, 2 fives, 2 smiles (Darren & Louise)