CANCELLED Solent Area Visit to Royal Armouries Fort Nelson, Fareham

Sunday 4th October 2020

A visit to the Royal Armouries Museum Fort Nelson, Portsdown Hill Road, Fareham, PO76AN to see the astonishing collection of artillery. It will be a good morning out to enjoy and discover, the intriguing history of artillery and, how it has changed the nature of battles and affected the lives of many people between the 15th and 21st century, the phrase ‘must see’ truly applies to Fort Nelson’s astonishing collection of different artillery and guns from different time periods. Over 700 items of artillery from many countries and spanning 600 years are brought to life whilst sensitively telling the unique stories behind them, and set within 19 acres and featuring the Ramparts Parade eerie tunnels, restored barracks, museum galleries, the fort is an exciting day out whatever the weather!

Patricia and I have arranged reserved parking at Fort Nelson, there is a cost of £3 per car which is mandatory and needs to be paid in advance, however entry to the museum is free, once more ALL members must book with us in advance to secure the time slot of 10am to 12am. Again a maximum of only 30 people is allowed. All people and cars need to be in place no later than 09:45 to allow us all to gather ready for the start of the tour at 10am.

You have the option of having your own picnic beside your car after the tour of the museum, or take a drive to Wonderberrys Coffee Shop based at the Burlesdon Brickworks, Charlotte (owner) has assured Mal that the Coffee Shop meets all of the social distancing requirements, and that separate tables are available, we will need you to book if you wish to go, Please book your place no later than Friday 25th September 2020, as we need to confirm reservations at both the Wonderberrys Coffee Shop and Fort Nelson, plus pay for the reserved car parking at Fort Nelson.

PLEASE NOTE: The MX5OC Club, in accordance with the latest Government & Public Health England Guidance have limited the numbers attending MX5 drives to 30 people (not numbers of MX5’s) in total, so this will be done strictly on a “first come first served basis”!

The club has also requested that AC’s log names and contact phone numbers for all participants in these events, up to 30 members (max), as a safety measure. It will be a “manual list” and only held by our AC’s and therefore, not held on computer or any media device and will be destroyed by shredding or burning after the pre-determined time dictated by the MX5OC has passed. We will collect contact phone/mobile numbers on the day, as people arrive at Fort Nelson, as this is also a requirement for the list.
Patricia and Me look forward to seeing you all, Stay Safe

**Please be aware that, if the MX5OC club decide this event cannot go ahead, due to revised government guidelines, the event will be cancelled as soon as possible, so that Patricia and I can cancel with both venues.

Hi John and Patricia. Sounds like another great day out, could you book me in please. Thanks, Colin.

1 Like

Hi Patricia & John,

Please could you book Serena and myself in for this one.

Regards

Mal

1 Like

Hi Colin,
You are on the list
J&P

Hi Mal & Serena,
You are both on the list
J&P

Hi Everyone,

To provide further information on this event, I have had a reply from Wonderberrys, as follows;

*"4th October is fine and if you were able to pre-book we could could provide exclusive use of the Pugmill Room, adjacent to the Coffee Shop, for all 30 people (socially distanced). *

*In terms of food our regular sandwich choices would be available eg Bacon, Cheese & Pickle, Houmous & Spinach, Tuna and Cucumber, Ham and Coleslaw, but we could also provide hot soup and bread if you would like. *

Pre-booking food would not only help us, but would also ensure we are able to serve everyone in a timely manner. We always have a selection of homemade cakes available, which vary on a daily basis, however there is usually a delicious Cake of The Week, carrot cake, Chocolate Brownie, Salted Caramel Pretzel Shortbread, a Victoria Sandwich or Coffee Cake, etc but if your members would like to pre order something like a cream tea, we could also provide scones with jam and clotted cream".

To this end, please let me know your choices by responding on this forum post and we will capture the information and forward it to Wonderberrys prior to our visit on 4th October.

Regards

Mal

1 Like

Hi John,
Please count me in. Just one as Jim is hoping to be at Donnington for the British Superbikes race on Sunday
Valerie

1 Like

Hi Valerie,
You are on the list…
regards
J&P

Yes please John, book us both in, Judy and Tony

1 Like

Hi John, yes please Dave & I would like to join you both on this one. Thanks. Linda

Hi Judy & Tony,
You are both on the list
x J&P

Hi Dave & Linda,
You are both on the List
Regards
J&P

Hi John and Trish
Put me down for that and the cafe after please

1 Like

Hi Gordon,
you are on the list
Regards
J&P

Hi john put me down for one please gerry

1 Like

Hi Gerry,
You are on the list
Regards
J&P

1 Like

Hi John and Patricia,
Please add us to the list for this tour.
When do you want to know about the Bursledon cafe? Thinking about it.
Angela and Ron.

1 Like

Hi Ron & Angela,
You are both on the list, date you need to confirm cafe date 25th September plus pay for parking at museum.
J&P

Hi John and Patricia,

Sounds like a great event, will you please book us in to attend?

Thanks,

Sally & Colin

1 Like

Hi John & Patricia

Can you put Jue and myself down for this and the cafe afterwards.

Regards,
Chris & Jue

1 Like