Channel 4 to be privatised? your thoughts

Channel 4 has thebest news. Tells the truth.
Probably why the government wants to sell it off.

5 Likes

What @Thibor has done here is start a damn good debate. If peopleā€™s opinions differ then pointing out any gaps in the logic of the otherā€™s reasoning is natural. Maybe itā€™s got a bit too heated at times but many of the best do.

I ready the initial post and when it asked for my thoughts I hadnā€™t really had any. Didnā€™t think it mattered to be honest. But it got me thinking that maybe it did matter. The more I mulled it over the stronger my thoughts.

Thanks @Thibor for getting me thinking.

:grinning:

4 Likes

If you donā€™t watch TV. Why do you care? Why bother with this post?

Well Said :+1:

Posts On the Site Keep My ā€˜Likkle Grey Cellsā€™ Working

Even When They Donā€™t Want To :woman_in_motorized_wheelchair:

To Go Off the Topic of Channel 4ā€¦[Because Iā€™m an IT Numpty and Donā€™t Know How to Start a Thread]ā€¦BUT Maybe Linked to ā€˜Disabilityā€™ viz Channel 4ā€™s

The Last Leg

Go Figure This One Chaps & Chapesses :thinking:

My MX5 NB 2.5 [2005] has Now Been Classified as a Disabled Vehicle by the DVLA

I Meanā€¦She Has Her Issues [Corrosionā€¦Advisory]

But Itā€™s Me Thatā€™s Classed as Disabled not Her

But Iā€™m Not Complaining because It Comes With Financial Benefits ā€¦Which Means I Can Spend More on Her Disabilties

Geeā€¦Sometimes The Government Does Kinda Get Things Right :crazy_face: :rofl: :upside_down_face: :grinning:

2 Likes

Go to the category you want to post in. Top left of the page in your browser there should be a ā€˜New Topicā€™ button. Click on that, give the post a title and then enter whatever rubbish comes in to your head. Then just sit back and wait until everyone calls you an idiot and rips your thoughts to shreds.

:wink:

P.S. Make it as contentious as you can. It makes the moderators feel important and gets them all excited.

2 Likes

Saw your tongue in cheek reply to my tongue in cheek comment before you deleted it.

Mods do a great job on here. Usually a warning before things get too out of hand as has happened on this thread. Always quick to respond whether something is flagged up to them or not.

Be nice to them and to everyone else.

1 Like

I have been nice and supportive to everyone on here.
Likewise, I am sure others feel the same way.
I do my very best to do so.
Obviously, each poster has his/hers supporters and dislikers, again thatā€™s life.
For the record, I deleted my factual ā€œTongue in cheekā€ comment to you to prevent any further comments or indeed arguments.
Moving on.
All the best. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

2 Likes

Well said Scarletpimpernel. So much from someone who says he does not have a TV :wink:

I donā€™t like leaving things open ended and incorrect.
So in complete ā€œFairnessā€ to him and indeed everyone else, please read post 38 above. (Thibor to NickD). :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Apologies For Delay

Thank you So Much for Straightforward Guidance on How to Start a Thread :+1:

BUT MORE IMPORTANT

Was the Humour That Came With It

Gave Me Such a Giggle and a Belly Laugh That Hurt :rofl:

EVEN MORE IMPORTANT

Reaching the End of My Tether With Getting Refund from DVLA re ā€˜Disabilityā€™ VEL

Followed All Their Instructionsā€¦Againā€¦andā€¦Againā€¦Did As I Was Instructed

BUT STILL NOT GETTING CORRECT REFUND !!

It Was Your Humour that Motivated Me to ā€˜Go Once More Unto the Breachā€™

Blow Me Down With a Feather

Got a Phone Call From Themā€¦FULL REFUND OF OVERPAYMENTS ON MY PART

RESULT !

Itā€™s Only Taken 6 Months to Get This

When Iā€™d Done As I Was Told From the Startā€¦18 Months Ago

Hmmmā€¦What Does That Remind Me Of :innocent:

No Politics Here ā€¦Coughā€¦Gate

1 Like

Any day that I can make someone smile or laugh is a good day.

Little bit of a down side that the person Iā€™ve made laugh is legally running an MX-5 without paying road tax but hey, 5h1t happens.

:wink:

2 Likes

Hi

• Take a Compliment When Itā€™s Afforded to You

• Disability is An Extremely Complex Issue

• Iā€™ve Gone Out of My Comfort Zone to ā€˜Shareā€™

• To Afford Support to Potentially ā€˜Disabledā€™ Members & Visitors

Not Joking Now

But I Forgive You This Flippant Comment :handshake:

2 Likes

Comment was very tongue in cheek hence the winking emoji. I know how difficult it is to get a blue badge even for people really struggling with disability. Disabilities arenā€™t always visible.

If you are entitled to running your car without road tax then I applaud you for your efforts to get what you are entitled too. So happy to have given you a little boost to get over the final hurdle.

An MX-5 isnā€™t the easiest and most practical car for even the most able bodied members of society. Great that you can make it work for you.

1 Like

I too get free road tax & a blue badge holder for a few years now. You get kind of used to the accusing looks from folk who consider themselves as self appointed blue badge police. Until very recently you could actually get an mx-5 on the motability scheme, I was going to do this but had less than 12 months to run on my previous pip so didnā€™t qualify, now that it has renewed they are not on the scheme anymore for some reason.

4 Likes

No Worriesā€¦I Got the Winking Emoji :+1: :smiley:

Iā€™d Rather Not Be Disabled and Pay Road Tax :cry:

But As You Sayā€¦5h1t Happens :-1:

Q What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up ?
A Disabled

I Donā€™t Think So :rofl:

[I Mean I Should Have Seen It Coming as a ā€˜Sickly Kidā€™ā€¦Nearly Died According to Parents on a Few Occasions]

BUT THANKS TO SCIENCE ā€¦THE DRUGS GOT BETTER :face_with_spiral_eyes: :woozy_face: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The Worse Part Is You Still Have to Battle as a Disabled Person to Secure Your Rights

Often Home Alone Becauseā€¦

Cue Music :musical_note:

West Side Story: Dear Officer Krupke

No Politcs Here :innocent:

Anywayā€¦Letā€™s Look on the Bright Side [Noā€¦Not That Song]

But

Cue Music :musical_note:

Monty Python: The Galaxy Song

BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS

Iā€™m Rising Above My Disabilities As Best As I Can as Always

AND [WARNING]ā€¦GOT A THREAD TOPIC COGITATING IN ME HEAD THANKS TO YOUR GUIDANCE to Me as IT NUMPTY

Just Need to Try and Phrase It So It Reaches ALL MEMBERS

Able & Disabled

Kindest :+1: :smiley:

3 Likes

Just do it. Donā€™t make the title too specific to keep them guessing. The curious wonā€™t be able to resist taking a look.

3 Likes

Bless U For Continued Guidance on First Thread :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve Got The Title and Youā€™ve Shown Me How to Do Post :+1:

I Just Need to Cogitate More on The

Examples So That Fellow Members Get the Thread

Category Will Be ā€˜Life The Universe & Everythingā€™

Iā€™m Shattered BUT DETERMINED to Do This

Bear With Me :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

You should listen to the BBC podcasts, ā€œthings fell apart.ā€

Dont think im allowed too.
I made a ā€œNO LICENCE NEEDEDā€ Declaration, because i dont have a tv, and under that Declaration i am not allowed to use certain online bbc stuff either.

I know im definitely not allowed to use the bbc iplayer. And if i did and was caught i would get prosecuted for watching without a licence.
As to other bbc services i consider it best and safest to just stay off of them.