Curborough Sprint Day 14th May 2023

got my ticket! i will see you all there!

4 Likes

Appreciate youā€™ve suggested if thereā€™s space and it will be best to wait until the cutoff date to see if any tickets remain.

Non-member guests are welcome as passengers, but when it comes to driving Members take priority both in accessing the event and tickets and events liability cover thatā€™s provided for them.

2 slots are recommended for 2 drivers as I am sure many others here will confirm itā€™s the best way to enjoy the day. Sharing a single slot is not really viable at Curborough.

2 Likes

Thanks Ian, this was my intention. Iā€™ll wait and see if thereā€™s a free space otherwise he will come as my passenger :+1:

Not been on a track in 12 years, looking forward !

1 Like

Is it practical to book 2 tickets to get more runs or is that just greedy?

1 Like

Got my ticket too. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Alki

Weā€™ve added back on a couple more tickets for the Curborough track day.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m booked in for this and wondered if anyone else attending is a sim racer. If so, thereā€™s a Curborough mod for Assetto Corsa available which might be of interest:

I know itā€™s a short track but could help those, like me, unfamiliar with the course. I think you just have to register with the race department site to download

1 Like

i am but on ps5ā€¦ :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Nice. Iā€™m still making do with a PS4 console wise, but sometimes wish Iā€™d just upgraded to a 5. The PC route is expensive!

I have a group of friends that we race regularly usually project cars 2 (sometimes gt sport for a bit of fun) most of them own ps4

I also joined a league and we race on acc on ps5. Acc is really good.

At the beginning of the year I received my psvr2 and although i can only use it on gt7, they changed the tyre model recently and it is now actually pretty good. Racing on vr is honestly the best alternative than being physically on track. I find i enjoy racing on vr more - and because most titles on pc do support vr Iā€™m seriously considering buying a gaming pc and a vr headset just to race on VR.

Hereā€™s my rig

2 Likes

Please feel free to tell me to Foxtrot Oscar butā€¦is that rig in your spare room or is it the living room/lounge - if so, do you have a very understanding partner?

1 Like

I have not always had an understanding partner and since a few years ago, I decided that I preferred not to deal with the stress that comes with unsupportive partners. As a result, I now do whatever I please in my own home, and if someone disagrees with my choices, they are welcome to leave via the nearby doorway.

You sound like me, but less grumpy. I was only kidding but I completely understand where you are coming from.

1 Like

Hi Ian,

looking at my emails not got anything since 20th March which was a confirmation for the motorsport booking. Do we have to watch any instructional videos or is there an email with further instructions that I may have missed (or is there an imminent email with said instructions)?
Thanks

1 Like

What time does the day start or is there going to be a further email sent out with the finer details

1 Like

Last time we could register from 7.30 am for a 8.30am briefing. Might be different this time but prepare for an early start.

1 Like

Thank you assuming it will be confrimed in the next couple of days but if not thats the time i will aim for :smiling_face:

Hi Iain,

I have booked for this event, but to date, I have not received any updates** about my booking, or any finalised times, arrival instructions or any key specific details for sign on and briefing. Can you please send this information ASAP.

Regards

Chris Davis

2 Likes

Slightly relieved to hear Iā€™m not the only one not to receive any further info (booked 16th April). Thought it was just me.

Information for Curbrough is being sent by email this evening.

There have unfortunately been some issues to overcome in preparing for this day at the circuit and compounded with work required around the Spring Rally has generated an unavoidable delay in sending confirmed updates through, however this is rectified now and the guidance in the ticket description on the store provides the bulk of the driver information required on the day and remains unchanged.

Please note there are a couple of re-released slots now available, should any driver wish to double up runs or split share a car, you can book these now here.

1 Like