Curborough Sprint Day 14th May 2023

The website says spectating is free which I wouldn’t mind going along to see what takes place, do I just turn up on the day? Thanks.

Yes.

Fold up chair and money for the tea bar

2 Likes

Please print and complete and bring along your track indemnity form, this applies to Drivers and passengers as well. all going on track are required to complete the form.

1 Like

Can someone tell me which layout is being used for the day please?

The Curborough site mentions two versions for laps, one being a figure of 8 form and the other a repeat of the normal sprint course (minus the start).

Thanks!

2 Likes

Last time we started at the paddock, did a backwards 3 and then a figure of 8, before hitting the finishing straight.

Ah, okay thanks.

[edit]
Quick reply from phone which somehow garbled the quote. Is that this one?
https://www.curborough.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Motorsport-UK-Licence-Figure-of-8-V2-small.pdf

Premier Inn Lichfield North East A38
If you like me you had book to stay overnight there, be aware the pub next door has closed down and there is no dinner or breakfast service.

I called the hotel yesterday and found out, they have a microwave we can use…

Too late this time I guess, you’d be better off staying at the Premier Inn Burton on Trent Central. It’s not actually in the centre of Burton but very close to your exit for the A38 towards Curborough, about 15 mins away. Plenty around there, supermarkets and it’s got a pub attached.:+1:
The Lichfield East Premier Inn has always looked a little run down when we’ve passed.

Thanks will keep in mind next time.

They sent an apologetic email Wednesday evening, I called them by then they wouldn’t allow cancellation :rofl: pinged me to their central customer service… Lesson learned.

2 Likes

As warm as it is today, we might need sunscreen!

Where is closest for superunleaded?

1 Like

There is a Shell station just prior to the turn off going west. There is one on the opposite carriageway but can not remember if it is before or after the turning when going east.
:heart:

Very nice. Would love to try VR but pretty convinced I’d be :nauseated_face: in about 2 minutes. Is that a Fanatec DD Pro?

I’ve just gone the proper rig route - sort of - desk gets in the way because it’s actually, and bear with me here, an office.

yea its a DD pro and csl pedals & loadcell. That’s a nice setup there mate. I’m looking onto getting a pc as well but I’m definitely going the VR route on that as well.

Honestly VR is frigging amazeballs. it literally is the next best thing other than being physically on track.
FOV is prefect & you dont get the fisheye view looking at a monitor. I understand about the feeling sick - the first time I tried it (at a mates pc with a quest VR headset and on automobilista 2) I drove a formula at donington and it literly blew my mind. I thought I was literally in the car and you can see the elevation changes. I felt a bit dizzy after 10 minutes and the most disorienting thing for me was that you don’t feel the impact and expecting to die when you crash :joy:
It does get better with time and I now can do 30 min races with no issues but I do take the vr headset when you get in the pitts just for a breather.

1 Like

well im absolutely gutted as Cinderella will not be going to the ball! On my way home last night a lovely woman in an Audi A3 with totally bald front tyres ran into the back of me smashing my rear light and bumper :frowning: so now i’ll be off the road with a dodgy back for a week or two until its repaired!

Hopefully ill see you all at the next one (blyton!)

Haha, this is no good, I don’t want to hear how good it is, I’ve spent enough on this recently, I can’t go buying a VR headset too.

To give you an idea of how susceptibale I am to motion sickness, I did a driving experience at Donington last year, even felt a bit woozy when I was driving but the one lap with the instructor absolutely finished me off. Interesting you’ve managed to increase resistance though. I did wonder about that.

Hi mate, the threshold of each one of us for motion sickness is different (so we all start at different levels) however as you become more familiar with it, your body will adapt to the experience and the new sensory input. And yes, the more you use it does get better over time. If you do a quick search there are loads that experience the same issue.

Obviously because we all start at different levels your journey will be different to mine but you simply have to persevere with it.

can i get rid of motion sickness while playing in vr

1 Like

■■■■ that it happened but IMHO that could be temporarily sorted with a bit of duck tape (and bring the roll with you just in case)

1 Like

Another one bites the dust - found an oil leak and no joy resolving.

Have fun guys, if anyone can make of use of my slot drop me a dm.

1 Like

:frowning:Been there.

Got more for the stiff neck than I paid to get the car back off the insurers.

Question for those who’ve been before…
Is there room for extra cars that aren’t taking part? ie spectator’s vehicles?

My wife is supposed to be coming along but at the last minute isn’t too keen on being there all day and also without an opportunity to get out of the elements, but these wouldn’t be an issue if she came down in her own car.
It doesn’t look the largest of places from the aerial photos so not sure if it’s possible or not.