Curborough Sprint, September 10th 2022

It looks small but it’s an excellent and fun venue - I’ve done the MX5 sprint taster day a few times, the offical Sprint School and competed there multiple times in MUK events. I’m more than happy doing the very slightly shorter MX5 course (and have already booked for this day).

3 Likes

I’ve done both layouts, and they are both fun for different reasons.

Can’t wait.

3 Likes

Not sure what the issue is, but all I can say is I’ve been doing Curborough with the Club since way back and its never been anything other than a huge amount of fun. We’ve only ever done the main bit of the circuit, either starting from the bottom gate near the pits or the top gate near the marshal’s post. We’ve done it clockwise, anticlockwise, and figure of 8. It might be a tiny little circuit but it perfectly formed, and whilst a run may not take much more than a minute (or it might be 2, can’t recall) its a glorious minute (or 2). I’m booked, and can’t wait… :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you for the replies guys. Yes, Iainf, having thought further on it, I can see how starting at the pits gate makes it possible for more runs in the day. I used to get only 4 per day (when I was competing a long time ago) with all the different classes having to take turns running as a group to and from the far start point.

So I apologise for my winge and will still join in and enjoy the day. Looking forward to it. Cheers, Jerry

4 Likes

Just signed up, looking forward to this, surprised it wasn’t sold out.

There is still a handful left.

Will be emailing instructions out in the next couple of days. Still a couple of places left for Saturday.

Email now sent

Thank you for taking up the opportunity to take part in the Owners Club Sprint Training day on the 10th September 2022.
This is a return for the Owners Club to Curborough and I hope you enjoy the experience and will also maybe take the opportunity to take part in other motorsport events organised by the Club in the year ahead.

Please note the day is a fun activity it is not a formal sprint event.

Location of Curborough Sprint Course

Curborough is situated off the A38 trunk road between Burton on Trent and Lichfield in Staffordshire. The venue is Brown Signed once you are off the A38, and also the A515 from the West. For those of you who need to program a Sat Nav or GPS system, the following information may be of use: P****OSTCODE: Curborough track does not have a specific Postcode, but you can use the one for the nearest property which is WS13 8EJ. If you are entering an address in your Sat Nav we are in Netherstowe Lane off Wood End Lane.

Arrivals:
Gates for the Event will be open from 0730hrs on the 10th September.

Please follow the road around the circuit and down the slope to the paddock area, park your vehicle to the left of the paddock area, this allows for easier lining up for your runs. Bin liners can be provided to place your personal belonging in from your car

Signing on will start as soon as possible after 0730hrs up to 0830hrs, please ensure that you have filled in your indemnity form attached to this document, this will help speed up the process and save time. You will need to sign the Shenstone Club Indemnity form at sign on and provide your plastic road license and Club membership card. Numbers will be issued on a first come first served basis unless you are sharing a car, Briefing prior to starting will be at 0830hrs.

Everybody will be given a sighting run in groups led by a course car prior to activities starting.

General Information:

Each entry will be given adhesive numbers to be placed on the left hand side of your windscreen and on your left hand door window, with a wrist band to prove that you have signed on. The number will dictate the order that you enter the circuit.

If you have multiple entries with one car we will ensure that your entries are staggered to give enough time for you to change drivers and get in the queue.

Helmets: Helmets must be worn, these may be either open face or full face, the helmet must be in good condition, and the organizers have the right to refuse the use of a damaged helmet. The Club no longer has helmets to loan and you require a helmet for every participant on the day.
Please ensure that your side windows are up prior to your runs.

Clothing : Please ensure that you have clothing covering your arms and legs. Gloves are not required.

Noise Testing: Noise testing will be done some time throughout the day by the track owners.

Circuit Recovery: A trailer with winch will be available to recover any vehicle from the circuit should the need arise.

Food and Refreshments: Will be available at the circuit for most of the day so bring some cash.

Circuit Instruction: Circuit advice and instruction will be available on the day. Just ask at signing on.

Mechanical Support : some suppot will be provided on the day if required but please make sure that your vehicle is mechanically sound and fit for purpose before you arrive.

Please ensure you read and adhere to the 7 point checklist before commencing your journey and going on circuit.

1. Bring your driving licence and Club membership card – (please note that that an MSA race licence is not an acceptable substitute)
  2. Make sure that your car complies with any noise restrictions at the venue. (105dB static)
  3. Ensure that your car is fit for the purpose intended: this includes brake, tyres, suspension and steering checks. No oil leaks!
  4. Bring suitable clothes, as covered arms and legs are required at all times on the track.
  5. Ensure that all loose equipment is removed from the car and boot prior to going on circuit, bags will be provided.
  6. No hand held cameras are permitted- any camera needs to be securely mounted in the car, suction mount is not acceptable on its own and must be assisted with a form of restraint. if you are not sure please ask before the start of the event.
  7. Soft top up or down, weather permitting. Ensure both side windows are up for safety reasons.

Last but not least - have fun!

FORMS

As part of preparing to go on track, the Club requires all participants (drivers and passengers) to complete the Club’s Motoring Activity Declartion and Indemnity form.

Please find a copy of this form via this link

Curborough September 10th Indemnity Form (link)

Please download, print, fill in and complete this form before attening the circuit. You need to do this any persons who will be attending and engaging in activity either are a driver or passenger. (1 completed form per person is required)

An additional from from the Curborough circuit will presented at breifing and will be required to be signed on day.

just fyi it should have said 10th… :wink:

Bloody Rally… amended now

1 Like

For the uninitiated, whatever the signs say, if you are coming in from the west from the A515, don’t turn right too early down Watery Lane into Curborough village, past the garden centre, as I did the last time I went. Turn back if you do to avoid a time consuming detour.
The course is pretty much level with the wind turbine on the right. The sneaky little entrance is where the road has a red asphalt look about it.
Friendly tip. The A515 south from the A50 has 50 mph average speed cameras - three or four of them in succession to catch out the unwary.

See you all on Saturday, myself and oh are both going to have a go taking my mini beast around :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for a fantastic day, well organised, and a minutes silence for the queen.

1 Like

I’ll second that. Cracking day out. Thanks to all involved in the organisation.

2 Likes

I would like to add my thanks. Really well organised, had a great day.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Just wanted to say that this was my first mx-5 owners club motorsports event as well as both of my friends who I’ve dragged into the club too.

For all of us it was our first track day in our own cars and it proved to be a brilliant introduction. We all loved the laid back atmosphere and everyone we met was an absolute pleasure to speak to.

Thanks again for a well organised event and especially to Peter for driving tips.

Might submit our post track-day picture to the photo competition:

5 Likes

Side note - I saw lots of people with cameras at the event taking photos; unfortunately we were all having a great time and didnt take many - if you have any to share I’d love to see them.

Uploading: 20220910_110143.jpg…

2 Likes

OH took some Pics trying to get them all uploaded to a site even the dodgy ones just so you guys can grab any you want. Will be unedited, just thrown up there. Flickster or somewhere.

Probably half the cars will have zero choice, and some will have like 40 pics :slight_smile:

Still uploading, 711 in total here is the link. iCloud Photo Sharing

Still only uploaded 140ish… could take ages.

2 Likes