Depreciation estimate for ND after 1yr?

I was just looking at ND’s and comparing new with nearly new.

I wanted to see if it was better to by a new car or if it was cheaper using finance to buy an ex-demo. There are several cars around with less than 1,000 miles and £5k off list.

However, there are good finance deals offered by Mazda on a new car at the moment. So if you buy a new 2.0 Sport Tech convertible and pay on a PCP over 3 years with a deposit of say £5,000, it is £40 cheaper a month to buy the new car rather than the discounted one. The difference is in the interest, so it doesn’t mean that you are better off at the end. The new car deal charges just under £2k of interest, but Mazda are offering a £2k deposit contribution, so they are paying the interest. The pre registered car at £25k is adding £5k of interest, with no support.

Hence I have ordered a new car…

1 Like

Plus any discount you have negotiated. This is why I bought new

Yes I think even with 0% finance and £2k deposit contribution you can get £500 discount.
Maybe less if it’s a factory order?

Yes I spoke to 3 dealers and they all offered £490 discount, so I ended up buying from my local dealer (Oakmere in Northwich), where I have taken my Golf for servicing.

Its great to go into their showroom as it is full of Lotus and Morgans as well as the Mazda cars…