Does anyone have experience of this wind deflector to share?

1. My model of MX-5 is: __NC

Yes, that’s the one fitted to my car. Does it’s job well enough keeping the circulating air off the back of my neck. Can rattle a bit but foam pads sort that out easily and it creates a black obstruction line in the rear view mirror but again that’s easily worked around just n]by moving your head if needed. No need to remove it ever. Most of the time I forget it’s there.

Thanks for that. Your comment about the partial obstruction of the rear view mirror rules this out for me the.
I’d like a clear solid deflector of this size, but they aren’t easily found.

1 Like

I have the Mazda mesh one that came with my car (lying in the boot with instructions but missing the mounting clips.)

I offered it up (sans clips), looked in the rear-view mirror, and immediately put the Mazda folding plastic thing back in its place again.

If you want my unused but slightly dusty mesh thing (sans clips) for free, PM me and you can collect it from West London, just off A40/M25. Collection because these days I find posting stuff is just too much hassle and grief.

Thanks Richard, I’ve PM’d you.

Replied.

Not 100 percent sure but one of the members on this site makes and sells the perspex ones ,might be worth a search

2 Likes

That will be me. :grinning:

I make the acrylic wind blockers for the Mk3 (all models) in clear and light grey tint. Just a little bit taller than the standard blocker.

In practice there isn’t any real need for anything taller. That height blocks the vast majority of the draft. If you really want to find out if higher makes any difference then tape a piece of cardboard to the existing blocker to find out. The only other source of draft in that area seems to be from through the hoops but that’s only a problem if the seat is well forward. Only the shortest legged drivers and passengers report this…

Here’s the link to my thread in the for sale section.

2 Likes

I can vouch for Roadie’s windblocker.

Brilliantly crafted and fits perfectly in a few minutes, and looks so much classier than the OEM cheapo one.

:grin:

2 Likes

Do you make a MK2 version ?

Sorry but no. My Mk3 and Mk4 screens are designed to replace the existing screens and also attach to the hoops behind the seats. Nowhere for similar attachments on either Mk1 or Mk2.

Thanks anyway.

What’s wrong with the original MK3 hinged deflector… it works perfectly for me!