Door bushings

Hi I’ve got a 11 plate mx-5 roadster and I’m told replacing the door bushings is a must is this as good as everyone says and I’ve read in most parts.
Cheers
Tony

2 Likes

Door bushes are a worthwhile move and delrin versions can be obtained from Rob Bate.

2 Likes

1 Like

Put them on our ND and pure snake oil. Made not one bit of difference.
:heart:

1 Like

Snake oil…placebo effect ? I tried the Just Send It bushings and binned them. Apparently, they’re not as good as others tho’. But then, there’s two good hinges and the door handle assembly…so just how much can the door really move with these three sturdy points holding your door closed ?

1 Like

I’ve just ordered some of those door bushings of eBay :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Many thanks

In case you missed it, there’s a long thread on here about Door Bushings - with a link to an even longer thread about them on the “other” place.

TL;DR - they are absoutely fantastic and transform the car; they are utter rubbish and a waste of money :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The video explains all!

I fitted some. Seem to work ok for me. If it’s my imagination then let my imagination roll…

3 Likes

Although the improvements may not be quantifiably proven, in my case with Rob Bate’s bushings I immediately noticed that pushing on the driver’s door from outside did not set off the alarm, unlike the presumably looser OEM set in my ‘99 NB. The car felt tighter on the somewhat jiggly road surface of our road as well but sceptics could say that might be my imagination.

1 Like

I believe that Flyin Miata are no longer using delrin (see the video above); but in any case, their comparison is between new bushings and old ones that have seen life. That being the case, perhaps one cannot expect much difference in an ND.

David

1 Like

Fitted Delrin bushes on my NC1 - didn’t notice any difference regarding handling, but the doors are now harder to close.

1 Like

I fitted some really cheap 3d printed ones.
They worked but got scuffed, so I bought some of Rob Bate’s machined Delrin bushes.
They work even better and dont scuff
Happy customer :grinning:

This is why I like this owners group, I can read different experiences and weigh up what to do with that information. Sounds like I dont ‘‘need’’ the door bushings, the car can operate as intended without them.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.