Early advice of "Wings & Wheels" event at Middle Wallop on 1st July 2023

Hi Everyone,

We are slowly building up the 2023 Programme and to this end Roger Mead advised me of the Wings & Wheels Event at The Army Flying Museum, Middle Wallop, on Saturday 1st July 2023.

I have already put the event in the Solent Area 2023 Programme and have spoken to the venue and they are emailing me a Group Booking Form, so we can have a display of MX5’s there :+1:

List of Attendees:

1. Mal Rowland
  2. Serena Rowland
  3. Gerry Hall
  4. Sally Newman
  5. Colin Newman
  6. Steve Payne
  7. Geoff Lowe
  8. Howard Lawrence
  9. Julie Lawrence
  10. Karen Yardley
  11. Mike Yardley
  12. Rob Rust
  13. Elaine Rust
  14. Dave Burden
  15. Tim Angus

Please keep an eye out for more updates on this thread :wink:

Best Regards

Mal & Terry

2 Likes

Book me in for this one Mal please Gerry

1 Like

Hi Mal,

Will you please add us to this event and we’ve just put it into our diary.

We knoe you have friends in high place, so please do book the sunshine!!

With best wishes,

Sally & Colin x

1 Like

Me too please Mal

Steve Payne

In my diary👍

Hi again Everyone,

Comms with the venue and the vagaries of their website have delayed the posting of these details earlier but this is now sorted :smiley:

We realise this post is early, as the event is not until the 1st July but all Exhibitors Applications, have to be submitted by 30th April 2023, so plenty of time at the moment but it will soon go and the venue could limit numbers if take-up is high, so its best to get this done early, to avoid dissapointment!

There is an online booking form at the link given below but first, a few tips on how to complete your bookings to make the process a bit easier for you;

a) Please read the notes at the top of the form. We are getting a 50% discount on the price, as exhibitors and passenger details are also required due to the nature of the venue (Security Implications, being a MoD site) and the venue being a live airfield.

b) Each car attending has to book online themselves, as we are unable to make a group booking for the reasons stated in a) above.

c) Enter your details in the boxes as you proceed down the form

d) When you click on the passengers box you can enter 1 and then the passengers details boxes will appear.

e) In the box “Which section of the event do you wish to be locatd in” - click on the down arrow and select roadster.

f) In the box “Are you attending with a Car Club” - click on the down arrow and scroll down until you see “Solent Area of the MX5 Owners Club” and click on this option.

g) In the arrival time box, I suggest you enter 08:00 to give a bit of wiggle room and we will do a short drive from the Roadchef, Sutton Scotney Services A34 Northbound - further timings to be advised!

h) Payment is conveniently via PayPal, so once this is done you will be all set.

Here is the link; Vehicle Registration Form Wallop Wheels and Wings 2021 (jotform.com)

NB: You are also required to send a photo of your vehicle to the venue at the details, given in the form, together with your booking Reference, which is also given in the Confirmation Email that you will receive, once you have booked for this event!

It should be a great day :sunglasses:

Best Regards

The Solent Team

2 Likes

Just booked online and it all worked ok and printed off the confirmation email :+1:

Mal’s Tip of the Day: By entering passport numbers in the boxes, as requested it would be wise to take your passport(s) with you for identification purposes :wink:

Just booked mine Mal

1 Like

All signed up Mal
Regards
Howard & Julie

Exhibitors Ticket sales are now at 270, so going well so far👍 However, we need to bare in mind this figure is not just Solent and Wessex Areas but for all car clubs exhibiting, as far as Sue and I are aware and there is no way of drilling down to see the details for Solent & Wessex.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you all know that although there is this drive to Middle Wallop for the Wings & Wheels Event on Saturday 1st July 2023, there is also an event running on Sunday 2nd July 2023 to Steeleford Supercar Show, at Stanstead House, West Sussex. Details are given at the following link, as follows;

Members can choose whether they do either one or other of the events, or both, as desired :wink:

NB: Tickets for the Steeleford Supercar Event can be booked by clicking of the FaceBook Link above and there you will find an option to book tickets, further down the page. Please note, there is an “Earlybird” option for slightly cheaper tickets by booking for this vent before the end of January.

Best Regards

Mal & Terry

Hi this show was a fantastic day out

Hi all, Elaine & I just booked in for W&W. Looking forward to a sunny day…

Patricia and I booked for ‘wings & wheels’ event

Funny how you can go there for a Pride & Joy meet & not have to give your life story. I’ll chance it on the day.

Yes, the difference is with this event that the public are being allowed inside the perimeter fence of a MoD site. Pride & Joy is external to the MoD Boundary and Live Airfield :wink:

Right ok, understood👍

Hi Mal,
Karen and I are booked in for this.
Mike

Hi All,

A list of attendees has now been added to Post#1 :wink:

An “?” Against a name means “To Be Confirmed”

Please remember to purchase tickets as previously detailed and also let us know via this forum that you have purchased tickers, so we can keep track of numbers attending.

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal

Booked and paid for on line

David B