ER Event - Sunday 10th June - Pathfinder Run

I only have 21 on my “register” taken at Wood Green, did we gain someone on route then?

Carole, I’ve deleted the album I created and linked to yours.

I think the guy’s name was Clive? Embarassed Sorry I made a few embarrissing slip ups today remembering names! (Possibly McQueen on the forum?) He joined us at the end for the meal.

Missed the take off by a few minutes apparently.

Hi Carole,

both April and I would like to say many thanks for a very enjoyable and perfectly organised day, we had fun, great roads for the drive and a very sobering end at the pathfinder museum. Many thanks again and will see you on Tuesaday at the monthly meet.

Kind regards.

April & Brian. www.mx5revive.com

Thanks, I did speak to him at Hartford Marina so I know who you mean.

Carole,

Big thanks from Sian and myself for making our first MX5 OC run such a great one! Such an inspiration I’m going to try and organise something myself. If it’s half as good as Your Pathfinder run I’ll be a happy chap!
Thank you again and hope to see you all soon
If no one volunteers on Tuesday to do an article please could bare Sian and myself in mind?

Thanks Carole for organising a really great day and your request for the sunshine was spot on too, the routes were very good and the Pathfinder Museum was very interesting.

Steve & Jo.

Hi Carole 

Top job !!

Thanks for a great day out. Great route with nice villages to drive through. Well done for arranging the extra photo opertunity at the railway crossing ??

We really enjoyed the museum and the weather was perfect. 

Thanks again

Andrew & Hilly

Hi Carole

Just wanted to add my congratulations for a wonderfully organised event yesterday  -  you could not have done better on your first one and you got what you deserved  -  perfect MX5 weather.

Kind regards

Alan

Gold Leader here 

I sent a note of thanks to Johnnie at the Pathfinder Museum and he has replied:

It was indeed a great pleasure hosting you all on Sunday, I loved the procession of cars and all members were so very pleasant and warming, please thank them all for their kind words.

I have done a CD for you and it will be posted this morning and I just hope you like the pictures and please do use them in any way you see fit.

I hope I am available on your next visit as I would love to see the cars and people again.

Warmest regards

I must also thank everyone for turning up - without you all it would have been a solo fly past and not half as much fun.

Thanks also to Bill Medlow for his original inspiration, for all the members who offered advice on how to organise my first run, including GeoSpatial Analyst and Test Pilot Chris Player, Test Pilot Mark Waldron, and Navigator Keith Logan.

I am hoping to do a re-run in October if there is interest, including a visit to the museum for those who missed out this time - watch this space!

Cheers

Carole

You’ve said enough Oothocha! It’s hard to get one willing volunteer to do a write up, to get 2 is unheard of so consider the pleasure all yours, thanks. Please send to Ailsa at “missmiata at googlemail dot com” for inclusion in ER Newsletter or to “sharon dot benton at mx5oc dot co dot uk” for inclusion in Soft Top Hardtop.

Okay! Cool. When does it have to be done by and how many words does it need to be? Have to get the dictionary out!

Also Carole if you see do do i need to send those group pics of us all in front of SHQ or can you?

Deadlines are here.

For Soft Top Hardtop, article should be no longer than 1000 words or for ER Newsletter, 3 or 4 paragraphs. Do whatever you are able to, thanks.

Johnnie  Clifford’s photos are now in the photo bucket here.  If you use them please be so kind as to acknowledge Johnnie as the owner.

Thanks

Carole

Hi Chris

Got the cd today from Johnnie and will post them into the photobucket later - if you need hi res versions please PM and I will email them to you.

toodle pip

Carole

Dear All,

If anyone has any pics of the day could you email them to me at houseago@hotmail.com please.

I am going to send as many as i can and let the magazine decide.

Also if anyone could help, how do i submit the article and in what format? I clicked on the link in the STHT New Article Thread and it just opens a blank page?

Thanks in advance

Any format would be OK such as a word doc file. Send to the editor sharon.benton at mx5oc.co.uk.  

Hello - As promised I have done the below write up for the “soft top and hard top” magazine and the “Eastern Region Newsletter” - I hope it is alright?  I also hope I sent it to the right people - sharon.benton@mx50c.co.uk, missmiata@googlemail.com.  I also sent my photos but I do not have the password to attach the photos onto your photobucket … but I have just created an album on my profile if you can see the photos from there? 

Kind regards

Michelle Hillier (McQueen - as in Lightening McQueen - Cars - "Ka-Chow" - not Steve McQueen ... sorry my other passion is Disney!)  ;-)))

McQueen, please drop me a PM and I’ll give you the login and password for the ER photobucket account so you can upload your photos to there…

Lightening McQueen is better than Steve McQueen anyway, don’t apologise.

I have uploaded David Marsh’s photos into the ER photobucket here.

Great shots David - the Gransden Mill le Mans start looks especially manic!

Many thanks

Carole

That’s a Thursday 10 th is that right

It’s a 9 year old topic…