ERIC my mk3.5 metropolitan grey sport tech.....the story so far !!

i think we both like our cars to look the best they can  

heres ERIC …

1 Like

changed gear box oil today @ 48370miles 

( GL4 )

while under there i did the diff oil  (GL5 ) as well , i had the oil in my garage from the last mk3

the castrol syntrans for the gearbox has made it a fair bit smoother , especially 1st to 2nd …happy bunny

took ERIC to York  today for the o/c rally 

Having already changed my gearbox/diff oils the other week, I’m going to get some of what you’re having Geoff, and do it again. My oil was what was in the garage, leftovers from other things. It’s made a good difference but I’ll look upon it as a “system flush”  and put some proper stuff in 

Barrie

finished off 12hr nights at 7am this morning , set alarm for 11am so i could get on with clay barring ERIC,

rinsed, applied TFR, rinsed again , washed , rinsed , clay barred , rinsed , TFR again , washed again , rinsed + towel dried …ready for polish n wax tomorrow 

also touched in half a dozen stone chips , will wet sand and polish these too tomorrow 

1 Like

Slow down Geoff! I’ll never catch up  looking good mate 

Barrie

Nice looking car!

I‘m just on to 5 number 5, must do a post of them all at some point.

Lovely looking car - pretty much identical to mine in both age, spec and colour :) 

1 Like

so, after polishing n waxing on thursday i finally got a chance to take ERIC for a drive , 

stopped to take a couple of pics …as you do 

then on to see my mate barrie for a cuppa and a chat 

1 Like

bought the new style dipstick from mx5parts …(as recommended by bettabuilda )

as everyone else has stated , its much ,MUCH, easier to read 

I’d forgot you’d taken that pic Geoff, have to say, the sun really made your freshly polished paintwork pop  very nice. I like the red calipers too, might give that a go, it’s not an expensive mod, along with a proper fettle of the discs and back plates too. 

Barrie

1 Like

Can’t beat a nice clean engine bay…

2 Likes

badge removal 

used a length of strong fishing line to get behind the badge and cut the glue

bit of wd40 to remove glue residue , blob of Tcut to remove shadow of badge and splash of polish to finish …

we all love/like our own cars , some try and put their own stamp on them , make them a bit more personal ,

heres my efforts for today ,

thoughts ?? , bit OTT ?? …

i like it …

p.s… i know the wheels need a refurb.  i’m saving up 

p.p.s…decals done by local chap , he has a website and can do most things , check it out !.

I got a sneak preview  you’ve gone to town though! Looks good

Barrie

i had a slight rattle/knock from roof /windscreen area, followed this link and had it sorted in 20 mins 

https://www.miata.net/garage/tsb/R079_08A.pdf

no pics of job so stuck this on 
And you you did it into the same amount if time as Mazda low for the job 

Labor Hours
0.3 Hrs.

Barrie
1 Like

easy job baz , just fiddly…( i was careful not to unhook the top part of the spring !! )

holme moss…

1 Like