EURO 2020 Football - England v Scotland 18/06/21

Tonight is the next chapter of the oldest rivalry in international football… I can’t claim to be an expert of the National Game, but don’t mind watching some football occasionally!
Anyone watching, opinions and result predictions very welcome…!
I will be watching and having a beer or two and predict an England win of 3-1… :slight_smile:
Rob

1 Like

No beer, well maybe a couple at home. Going for a 3-1 England. I hope the Scots get through to next stage though, be a shame to go out so early.

I’d take that score all day long! Leeds Kelvin Phillips playing hopefully for England, Liam Cooper (Leeds captain) in squad for Scotland so I’ve an interest regardless. Alioski, another Leeds player scored the only goal For North Macedonia the other day, unfortunately they still lost :confused: Tyler Roberts (Leeds again) in Welsh squad. There! Feel better now! :soccer::joy:
Barrie

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evnXFu744uY

1 Like

I was in hospital for the whole of Euro '96 along with a chap who had a suspected heart attack whilst trying to dig his own swimming pool in the back garden! I didn’t see many games as I kept him company because he wasn’t allowed to watch :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I still see him around, turned out to just be muscle strain!

This has to be one of the most skillful goals ever?

5 Likes

I was at Wembley for the Euro '96 semi when we got knocked out on penalties by Germany. It was a magnificent tournament until the end of that game, and a very miserable drive home after. I think we’ll win 3-0 tonight, Kelvin Phillips was awesome last game, and as a Man City fan, I’m hoping Foden and Sterling have a similar impact to Kevin De Bruyne’s in last nights game!

2 Likes

As a person from England, I obviously want (and expect) England to win - probably 2-0. It would be interesting to get the views from some of the Scottish members on here… I am sure they are convinced they will win too! I think that Scotland need a win though to get through to the next round… I hope they do get through, but not at the expense of England!

3 Likes

Definitely. All form and results go out of the window when it’s Eng vs another home nation. I bet there will be some (proper) tasty tackles!! Like it should be.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure these views from Scottish members will come… Give it time! :slight_smile:
Rob

2 Likes

yeah they’re probably all on their way down to Wembley, ha.

I hope they are better behaved, then when the Rangers fans all descended on Manchester though. They were a disgrace.

1 Like

This is not an isolated case, a football match is an opportunity for some who have difficulty controlling their animal instincts to just have a scrap…

Lets hope it is a good match but the fans behave - its interesting when Rugby matches have fans of competing teams sitting together all enjoying the match - how it should be!

Oh, dear.
Yeah, my flight from Edinburgh to Birmingham yesterday was full of fitba hooligans. Way too much at 6 o’clock in the morning!!

As much as I love seeing my country well-represented in anything, I won’t be watching the football as I am a sports fan :crazy_face:

1 Like

Could not care less bar hoping the English Police do not not have to deal with van loads of feral toothless p**s heads and see tomorrow’s red tops having a ball with the all too ( historically common) rinse & repeat hyperbole of Jockanistani hoolies. Footy (for me) is pretty much latter day medieval clan / territorial warfare.

5 Likes

Fingers crossed. Watching the groups on the news that have arrived from north of the border they appeared reasonably chilled and well behaved. A degree of exuberance but not threatening. As long as the alcohol doesn’t have a negative effect on that.

Good to hear Princess Nicola has told them to behave themselves.

Not forgetting of course that some of the English fans can behave like knobs too.

2 Likes

2-1 to Scotland…:sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh I would dearly love Scotland to win. That would make me very happy… but having sat through the torture of the last game on Monday, I just cannot see it happening.

1 Like

Princess Nicola! Well, she gave me the impression that she is the Queen of Scotland!

As for the Scottish fans being well behaved, well lets see if they remain so if (I was going to say when) they loose.

whilst I don’t really follow football, it’s good to have some ‘friendly rivalry’ with your close neighbours. but more importantly, last week showed, having the equipment and knowledge available when there are health emergencies!
we have a defibrillator at our tube station, and one in our local shopping centre, but these are useless if you don’t know they are there. please go out and find them - and indeed try to get more installed. and don’t be afraid to use them: it might be their only chance.

2 Likes

Well,
I think we al need new National Anthems for a…“kick-off”
Boring…boring…boring. :skull_and_crossbones:

4 Likes

I am currently predicting 0-0…

2 Likes