EURO 2020 Football - England v Scotland 18/06/21

Goodness me.
What a bunch of mass rioting shockers then! :wink:

1 Like

So England scrape through in pretty unconvincing fashion, to set up another big rival game… Facing Germany in the last 16…!

Two world wars and one world cup, doo dah, doo dah…

Depends how you look at it. Only England and Italy emerge from their groups wth 100% clean records, no goals conceded.

3 Likes

3 Likes

True, but Italy have a realistic chance of winning the tournament…

I’m glad Portugal are through simply because I’d love to see Ronaldo set a new goal scoring record, because love him or hate him he is an all time great (IMHO).

2 Likes

You’re correct on Ronaldo. It’s not even an opinion that he’ an all time great. Superb player over 1.5 decades +

England, if they beat Germany, will also have their hands full against Sweden, who i reckon will beat Ukraine. England (and Wales) are now in the softer half of the draw though. The other half of the draw has Italy, Spain, Croatia (finding form now), France, Belgium and Portugal.

2 Likes

I’m not remotely interested in football, or any of the hyperbole , cliche krapp, dodgy borderline racism plus extremely biased “reporting” from all camps that seems to go with it but…I quite like this?

Reason?
“We” Jockanistanis can now sit back, open a few beers, get the deep fried Crunchy Pizzas in, and watch everyone else’s agony unfold.
Oh now, we won’t titter…Oh no…must not titter…

6 Likes

Barrie

4 Likes

Not early…home at the usual time :grin:

This won’t help​:grin::roll_eyes:

7 Likes

There seems to be a little bit of Orwellian aka 1984 rewriting of history going on here about
Scottish fans. I seem to recall that English fans were notorious for causing damage and riots, so much so that they were banned from travelling abroad due to their reputation.

4 Likes

Being an Englishman, but not a footy fan, the team doesn’t inspire me. Sure they haven’t conceded a goal yet, but so far they haven’t played a team of real quality. I’m sure there’s going to be a lot of weeping and wailing, finger pointing and excuses in the not too distant future. Sorry guys!

Perhaps just one of a raft of reasons most people I know (seriously…most) from all walks of social lifestyles & backgrounds distance themselves from the scene… dipstick WAGS with pink Bentleys and all.
Free country…whatever hits the hot-button.
Ain’t even the National “sport” either. Cricket is.
I prefer the Smell of Castrol in the Mornin’… :wink:
All else is just a load of bolzz.
Apart from rugby.

1 Like

Even before giving thoughts to football players’ lifestyles and/or wages, we can probably all agree that their antics on the field are worthy of an Oscar nomination.
Rolling around dramatically, holding a body part in fake agony to get a referee’s decision in their favour (sometimes, a body part not even involved in the preceeding collision), shouting at the referee… It is pitiful to witness and happens in all teams.
I only started watching football in England, as I got caught up in the passion Brits have for it. But I seldom watch matches now, only international games, as the pay package comes after the national pride, or so I still believe naïvely. However, those acting skills ruin the game for me, as they now seem to be intrinsic to it.

5 Likes

So true. There really should be an annual trophy for the best performance.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/455253398803266/permalink/564653271196611/

1 Like

That would probably generate some very ego-driven acceptance speeches!