First Top-Down Run

So me and ‘Kyrja have just taken advantage of the evening sun after work and shared our first top-down run together. Am soooo chuffed!! It got me wondering if anyone would like to share their first experience of top-down living?

12 Likes

Ok just finished work at the airport and driving home on the motorway in the dark with the top down certainly get some looks. Even at 70mph. Wack the heat on and all is fine! Love a bit of open mode heating and cap on!

6 Likes

My first Top-Down Run was bringing my MX-5 home when I bought it last July - Loved every minute except my head got a bit burnt !

2 Likes

Now that begs the question to me of what your playlist was for your drive home, or was it just wind in the hair and road noise?

1 Like

All about my exhaust noise. Love the cruise control in my spec!

Show off! :grinning:

1 Like

Little bit!:joy:

1 Like

Is that first top down run this year or first ever?
Mine’s still wearing it’s hard top for now but I did drive from Huddersfield to home with the top down in a car for work a week ago. Exterior temp= -3°C. Clear blue skies and warm and toastie with the heater up to the max.
Can’t wait until the average temperature rises enough to get the-5s hard top off.

So Kyrja is the car, right?
My first top down run was on the day I first saw the car, with the guy selling it driving it.
Top bloke, he picked me up from the train station and drove me to his.
I was smitten by the car as a passenger, so I purchased some insurance cover straight away, then went for a test drive, with him as a passenger.
I hadn’t driven a car in 18 months, had never driven an MX-5 before, but this car just felt like an extension of my limbs. I had to have it.

IMG_2577 1st run out since having the paintwork done on the bonnet and drivers front wing following accident repair, a quick 20 mile drive shared between my other half and myself with the roof down and heater turned up.

2 Likes

Lol, aye, the car’s named Valkyrja :see_no_evil::rofl: Am very much besotted with her.

Sounds like you had a great experience- so easy to get hooked on a 5. My colleague has it on his bucket list and keeps looking at them. He’s never driven one before, though. I’ve offered him a shot of mine although think he’s scared because he knows as soon as he does, he’ll end up buying one then having to live it down with SWMBO :grin:

2 Likes

First ever, pal :grin: Was the First really beautiful day of the year so just too good a chance to miss!

1 Like

Good to hear, hopefully winter will end soon and restrictions lifted so we can enjoy more top down fun.

3 Likes

By no means the first, but the weather this weekend could not be missed! Very much looking forward to more sunny days…although if its dry, its down!!

8 Likes

Love the colour- beautiful!

2 Likes

MX5_June 20

We get the top down on “Mary” at every opportunity!

8 Likes

Oo-err missus :grin:

1 Like

Wasn’t my first top-down run this year but I was able to leave the top down all day while it was parked at work!

1 Like

I must admit all through lock down it’s seems we have a very expensive ornament sitting on the drive . Then I took her out yesterday, spring sunshine , top off and I remembered why we love her .

5 Likes