Fuel panic

Well panic seems have set in re fuel here in Kent. Queues everywhere ■■■. We use a Discovery Sport and ND2 1.5 both on the refill light :flushed: Agreed with my wife to fill one or the other….it’s the weekend filled the 5 :laughing: more top down as the weather is fantastic here at the moment. The other can sit on the drive until they sort themselves out.

2 Likes

Driving down from Bedfordshire the worlds gone mad. Forecourt staff should be checking gauges of those in the queue and banning those just topping up. Probably half of the idiots blocking the roads.

5 Likes

I need to get a gallon of petrol in a jerry can for the lawnmower but I can imagine the comments at the petrol station if I did that right now.

5 Likes

Probably the same people who were buying 20 x 18 roll packs of toilet paper a few months ago!

7 Likes

Funny, we did shop today also and there was plenty of toilet rolls in Aldi

1 Like

I was running on fumes in south Sheffield this afternoon. Two independent garages had run out all together, and two supermarkets had both run out of diesel and very long queues for what was left. Fortunately they had plenty of super unleaded, so I was happy.

2 Likes

I came back home today on the low fuel light showing, should have, or more wished I’d put fuel in early this morning when going out.
Got a 1/4 tank in the daily driver, that’ll have to do until this madness has calmed down. I suppose they’ll be attacking the supermarket shelves next.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Just been out to get fuel in my NB as I’ve got two trips to Bath over the weekend to care for elderly parents.
Was feeling rather smug when the attendant waved me past a row of various vehicles who needed diesel

2 Likes

I would like to say more but I have to run out to fill my car, I only have 3/4 of a tank left.

5 Likes

Popping out tomorrow past the queues to buy some vegetable oil for our van… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Daily Audi had sat on the drive for a week with only 25miles of fuel in the tank while I run around in wife’s car using her fuel. I usually use that until it’s empty to. I needed Audi for work yesterday so filled up first thing. No hint of any issues in media then that I was aware of although first BP station I tried had most pumps out of action, so I moved on, second station was fine and I was only car there. Like just 24hrs later and it’s chaos. I don’t blame people for panic buying to be honest, so many depend on being able to drive for so many reasons. Same with loo roll last year, if having lots of it helps your mental health then so be it, we all needed help with that last year, and I’m not sure anyone went without.

Had no choice but to fill up the 1993 NA/Roadster with E10 after there was no fuel at 2 other stations yesterday.

Good thing I’m pretty sure it’s fine with E10 :wink: Can’t really be bothered to trawl through the E10 megathread - if it means I replace the fuel lines sometime soon then so be it. I’ve been putting alcohol inside me for years :joy:

3 Likes

I use my ND2 pretty much as a toy and an enjoyable way to go to Aldi twice a week or so…
Last Monday I was down to about 1/4 of a tank so brimmed it with Tesco Momentum99 before this “nonsense” kicked off…! :slight_smile:

Rob

1 Like

It is mad up here. Drivers queuing for fuel are blocking the roads, causing delays, and those trying to overtake them are doing so despite oncoming traffic. The police have had to monitor some petrol stations.

Same here in North Herts. Queues blocked the main roundabout trying to get into Tesco’s filling station.

The press start these panic buys with the doom and gloom lazy reporting! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

8 Likes

Idiots all of them, I’m glad my car only needed £5 worth.:laughing:

6 Likes

No , the press report what is happening - and that was a government minister saying there was no problem . Which invariably means the opposite . Then forums like this decides it is everybody else who is the problem - am I the only one to admit I am worried about refilling when I need to ?

1 Like

It has been “reported” that it is ONLY BP that have driver shortages. Tesco have reported no problems. There is NO actual fuel shortage any where. But there is now because of numpty panic buying.
It’s ALWAYS the press that start all this nonsense being, drivers, fuel, carrots, milk, handbags, meat, condoms or toilet rolls.
Why even bother to worry about something you can’t control. :man_shrugging:
Just my view on matters. Just enjoy your day. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes

I’m just worried about the human race ATM not about fuelling up the car.
They hit the social media pages then hit the panic button, that’s what’s happened here.
Even if I was sat at home yesterday I wouldn’t have jumped in the car and drove around looking for fuel like some I’ve read about. I was out yesterday, I even avoided going past one filling station yesterday on my way home even though my low fuel light was on.
Let em get on with it, they’ll realise it was a panic caused by themselves by reading some of the utter b******s the media chuck out nowadays.

2 Likes