Fuel Pump Problem Recall - 2018/2019 NDs

Fingers crossed then all is ok. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In was supposed to be getting this done in Croydon on Monday. They called Friday stating they hadnā€™t got the part and cancelled.

I got mine done 2 weeks ago - and the one proviso given was when booking it in (Subject to the parts arriving) - Which they did. Hopefully youā€™ll soon get it sorted :slight_smile:

Rob

I had my fuel pump replaced yesterday, I picked it up after them having it for a whole day. When I got it back they had been messing around inside the car they had to put one of my cupholders into its mount point at the front when I was at the back before.

They have also swapped the USB for my wireless CarPlay over with my wireless charger.

Now the big issue, the radio cuts out and doesnā€™t come back on, the fuel gauge will only go down and not up Iā€™ve put Ā£10 worth of fuel in and it went down to 0 and I drive for about 20 miles on zero fuel technically . Also when making phone calls the person at the other end canā€™t hear me initially talking and then swearing loudly.

And I donā€™t know if thereā€™s anything else I have not discovered yet but I am increasingly worried as when they have my car before for the legendary roll hoop hood fouling issue. They fitted the roll hoops and replaced the hood and the manager came and told me they had ā€œdouble spaced itā€. That was on my second visit after dropping it off for a day and then not getting round to doing it. A month or so later I noticed that the top of the hair was getting close to the role hoops again so I went down to the dealer I brought it from in Poole Dorset. They sorted it out and told me that this double spacing had actually put the hood closer to the roller hoops and when the bird started to begin to fall into place actually made the whole situation worse.

To cut a long story I short as possible, I worked hard I had done about 280 miles just going backwards and forwards to various dealers and it has cost me hundreds of pounds in fuel. I went through Martin Lewises resolver and eventually managed to get them to give me a credit for Ā£200 and that was it although I was not particularly happy about the whole thing because I put unnecessary miles on the car and was pretty appalled at the states of the works as they left clips out of the panels in the boot and generally left marks and mud inside the car so still not here with Mazda dealers.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Embarrassed to say that Marshalls of Cambridge did mine in half a day and I got it back with only one issue, they forgot to thread the seat belts back through the clips on the seats.

Otherwise, you wouldnā€™t have known it had been worked on.

1 Like

Where is the fuel pump located? Surely itā€™s in the engine bay? Why do they need to mess with the interior?

Itā€™s in the fuel tank behind the seats.

Sorry to hear youā€™ve had issues with your radio after your fuel pump replacement. These are the kind of things Im worried about after they take out the seats and so much interior. Hope you get your radio sorted.

This is the list of interior parts they have to remove to access the fuel pump :frowning: FUEL PUMP UNIT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [SKYACTIV-G 2.0] | 2016 ND Shop Manual

Thatā€™s really interesting Louise, thanks. Itā€™s quite a bit of work. Sounds like getting all that trim replaced with trim clips unbroken and nothing left rattling will require some care.

1 Like

When I did the USB / CarPlay upgrade, most of the plastics had to be removed around the dash and centre console / centre armrest etc. Only a few screws/bolts and everything basically unclipped easily and refitted the same - no broken clips or any other trouble. I was surprised how much of the car was simply clipped together, must make assembly so much quicker.

Thatā€™s reassuring. The car is refreshingly tight after 14k. No rattles at all. Much better t than my lower mileage Golf GTI similar vintage.

I had my fuel pump replaced by Sandicliffe Nottingham yesterday. They took their time with it as I dropped it off at 08:30 and didnā€™t get it back until 6pm as the branch was closing.

Everything looks ok in the cabin but there was a strong smell of petrol in the car last night which was just a tad worrying. Iā€™ve not checked it today yet but Iā€™ll be taking it back if the smell doesnā€™t go away.

Mine smelt of petrol for about a day as well, not surprising when you know where the fuel pump is located.

1 Like

Finally got ours replaced today. Took all morning as apparently an RF is a bit more difficult. Smelt of petrol but mostly gone after a top down run home up the motorway.