Garage Lighting

When I purchased tmy current house 8 years ago the 50 year old garage still had the original asbestos roof and the original up and over doors that were in a dangerous state. The roof also had several cracks and let some water in in a couple of spots. Also in warmer weather the roof would radiate some serious heat that made working in the garage unbearable. The decision to improve the garage was made 4 years ago. A new pitched roof was installed that was covered in plywood and felted.
I insulated the whole garage and put the lights back, but it’s always remained too dark. Last week I fitted six 40W led panels and the electrician did the hard part wiring them up. The task was completed today.

Before

After (looks better in person)

2 Likes

These panels are quite common, I’ve seen them in shops and we have them in our office at work.

Recently fitted one of these to my garage,screws straight into a bayonet fitting via an adapter and has made a world of difference.

Problem remains that the garage is still so full of ■■■■ the car won’t fit in!

Neither have I, they replaced all the flourestcent lights with them about 5 years ago. They were so bright they had to come back and remove half of them.

I’m surprised you haven’t seen them in shops.

I’d also have a look at the new breed of cheaper insulated roller doors. Not only warmer, but don’t cut out half your light when opened! (Lights are excellent btw)

i had issues with the lighting in my garage :slightly_frowning_face:
turns out it was full of “stuff” :poop:sucking all the light so i decided to transform it in the first lockdown…
my garage -

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.