Gear lever rubbing surfaces

Ditto here too.
I’m removing the centre console soon to remove a cable I’ve got routed through there, good time to examine the shifter bush.

Mazda part number P601-17-449A,

Available from MX5PARTS:
"Yes, we can supply that part. It’s not a stock item, but we can get it from Mazda usually within 14 days as long as they have the part in stock.

The price is £18.86 including VAT. Our part number is SP3003.

The part isn’t on our website, so to order it please call us on 02392 644588 and ask for the part number above. Once your order is placed with us, we’ll order it from Mazda and post it to you when it arrives here."

The general gist here seems to be that 6 speed turrets do get some oil from the box.
Should I take it then that my 2.0 litre 3.5 2011 doesn’t, so would benefit from a top up??

I’d go with my findings and check if you have oil in there. Give the top ball a grease too whilst there.
Unless of course the 6 speeder has changed beyond the NC1 models, I haven’t seen any reports suggesting so.

As Mick says, yet to see anyone report that a mk3 6 speed turret is lubricated from the gear box. If you have never been in there, willing to bet it is dry, and the rubbers are perished. Rubbers cost about £35 from memory. Easy job to change.

Sorry Guys. In my eagerness to get the year and model in there, I failed to include the fact that mine is a 5 speeder - duh…

Maybe if you put oil in the turret it would become a six speed, might just be super dry and sticky :joy:

1 Like

Haha. It actually feels pretty good, especially since I adjusted the clutch pedal and it’s no longer dragging.