Girly cars, ha ha!

I like the car radio anti-theft system :face_with_monocle:
Efficient and simple :rofl:

Oh, you must be quite young. That’s how it was in the late 80s. Many a head unit came with a handle to sharply tug and deposit the whole unit into your satchel.

A few years ago I had one in my car.
It means I’m not very young anymore
Unfortunately … :grimacing: :rofl:

No MX5 fan spotted the Easter Egg then…

More importantly it is not that often you get the word “satchel” into a club post.
The MAC 1 is now Mc One

Obviously no one twigged the April 89 tag date on a 1996 1.8. Its not a mistake. The Miata was launched in April 1989.

Satchel, manpurse, up to you what its called.

Gijon (Asturias) June 2017

1 Like

Thinking about it :thinking: and ignoring the date information :nerd_face:, that Washington DC plate would be great for DJT’s official car:- :+1:

“M(ake) A(merica) C(rap) 1” :crazy_face:

1 Like

I remember back in the early 90’s being asked to take home a VW Golf VR6 that would have been left in the company car park overnight, as it would be safer than leaving it there.

Over the preceding few months, we had a few company cars broken into and their stereos nicked. So the VR6 came with a pull out stereo. Anyway, I took it home and made sure to take the stereo out.

In the morning I found the car had been nicked, so had to report it to the police. When I got back to work, I got laughed at as I turned up with a stereo in my hand, but no car. A week later the police contacted us to say they had found the car. It had been left in a lock up by a gang who were doing smash and grabs, where they drive a car into a shop window, load one car up and drive several cars away in different directions. The police had done a raid on all known locations that the gang operated from.

Anyway, we got the car back, minus rear car seats (so the thieves could carry more loot), but with a top end stereo fitted - which we did not mention!! The car went to the local VW garage to have the seats fitted, but whilst there someone nicked the wheels, so they had to fit new ones of those too!!

Happy memories…

2 Likes

A previous boss of mine recalled early in his Professorial career, when in Belfast, the new family VW Golf, was stolen from the ground of the Royal Infirmary. He was distraught, he wasn’t paid that much. Someone in the hospital suggested that he put his case to the Head Porter. Low and behold, within a day, the car was returned undamaged, complete with a set of fake plates in the boot. Word was it was being prepped as a bomb, but they took pity on him, since he was a neutral (he was English).