Given the choice, which model variant would you go for?

Mk4 feels more upmarket

The “done up to an as new standard” part is too much for me to pass up the option of going for the mk1.

The 25AE I already have.

I have a MK3 which is my first 5, and love it, but if I could have any Mazda I wanted , it would be a MK4 RF, or a fully restored /mint condition MK1 with a tan leather interior.

My heart wants a mk1 in brg wood rim wheel tan interior

But my mk4 1.5 icon was fantastic In every way

Nd recaro

My daughter has a 2018 ND 1.5 which is the one my head would say buy. But my son has a 1990 Eunos NA and my heart says that this is the one to go for. Just as much fun, more character and a cool classic now. Also a much cheaper option too.

I’ve driven all the RF models and we have a hard-top for the Eunos but it hardly ever goes on. Both miss the point of a fun / weekend car. Roofless always …

1 Like

Whilst the MK4 ND gets rave reviews from the motoring media the build quality is poor,hoods rub on the roll hoops door cards rattle wind whistles around the a pillars go for a late MK 3 NC every time

2 Likes

I wanted a MK1 when I sold my two British classic sports cars about two years ago, found a lovely 19 year old MK2 1.6 with 23,000 miles and full service history and I and the wife love it, I loved it so much I started eying up a MK3 to use as a daily driver and had a go in a 2.0L PRHT and it was okay but my wife decided no, so I started to eye up a MK4 and fancied the 1.5, I kept on at the wife and eventually wore her down and bought a 2016 1.5L Icon in Meteor Grey with 13,000mls on it and this was to replace my 2017 Mini Cooper that I had from new and I (we) love it. So for me it would be the MK4 and the MK2. My wife would never drive the Mini but she even takes the Icon shopping!! If you look in the current Soft top Hard top mag she wrote an article about it.

But the driving experience in the ND is more superior than the NC, so its NA or ND for me.

2 Likes

My very basic spec (zero tech gubbins) 1.5 ND2

It doesn’t even have bluetooth :crazy_face:

1 Like

There are faults on some ND’s, not all, the same as there were “niggles” on some cars from the earlier models. I’ve had my ND SE-L Nav from the end of August 2015 and it’s been totally trouble-free!

I must admit, our new ND does not seem to have the same build and quality feel to it that our mk2.5 had. Everything feels a little more flimsy. Our ND was 17 years old when we sold it last year and it still felt “tight” and quite solid.

Also a bit disappointed with Mazda that ours has the “hood rub” even though the car 2019 and they have known about it since 2016? They obviously haven’t done anything about the root cause of the problem but I would at least have expected them to check any new cars are OK before they release them for sale!

Either way I still love the way the ND (1.5) drives, and you can’t really complain about the 50+mpg!

Hi team
I have had two N.D and now have a N.D 2.both have been perfect no problems at all,i think they are slightly flimsy compared to the mark 2 that i used to have,but think that is partly because of the obsession to keep the car very lightweight when you consider the very full spec etc on a N.D to a mark 2,i i am not so sure that when N.Ds become older cars that they will be that good,def bit fragile and to technical i think to become being old cars.

I’ve just watched and enjoyed this, which I’m sure many on here will have seen.

2 Likes

I like the MK2.5 because it’s old enough to be a classic yet new enough to be driveable.

1 Like

NC Sports Black in Green, no question.

I’ve always thought if i ever moved on from my ZSport it would be an ND poss a nice red Recaro edition but thinking now it might be a late NC maybe a 25th model. Must have a drive in an ND sometime and see if they are smaller inside that some say.

Wow! that is nice saz, what is it? I’ve never seen one like it before.