Has anyone used Diamond Car Mats?

I’ve been considering buying a set of quilted car mats from CarbonMiata, but just stumbled across a company called Diamond Car Mats (https://www.diamondcarmats.com/), who appear to be selling a similar product. Granted, they claim to make mats for pretty much every car, so they’re not MX-5 specific, but I was just wondering if anyone had ever bought from them and could comment on the quality and fit?

Not used these guys but did buy from Carbonmiata. Got the boot floor cover too ( which diamond do as well) Thing is they look equally as nice from the website but for less than half the price? :+1:
I did almost get stung by a fake diamond car mat company but having paid with PAYPAL, got all my money refunded! They were even less expensive :frowning_face:

Sorry can’t help with direct experience but they do look nice!

Barrie

1 Like

Cheers Barrie. I might just give it a punt and see what they’re like, I’ll post an update when they arrive. The carpet in my NC has worn through on the driver’s side where your left heel rests, so I’d like to freshen it up a bit. Now all I need to do is decide on colours! I’m leaning towards black with red stitching.

3 Likes

Agree with Barrie, they do look lovely but I haven’t had any personal experience with them.

I recently bought a pair of mats from carmats4u and have to say, despite a short delay due to a machine breaking down, the actual customer service was brilliant. The mats are customisable and I’ve been very impressed with the quality. They’ll also give them stain protect treatment. Another option to consider :blush:

5 Likes

Black with red stitch was my choice too! The only thing with the Carbon miata ones, they come with loose floor mats as well, not sure that makes them worth the extra couple of hundred pounds though! Get some pics up when you get them and fit them. :+1:

Barrie

4 Likes

Hi Barrie,

They do look class. Were they difficult to install? I can’t work out if they tuck under the centre console, or just line up perfectly. Did you get the seat covers too? looks very colour coordinated :+1:

Cheers

Nick

1 Like

Hi Nick, very easy to fit, they do, or should, tuck under the centre console each side and also under the door sill covers. In my case, the whole mat just needs moving across slightly? Never bothered TBH, but now you’ve mentioned it, I’ll get my finger out and sort it! :rofl:
The seats were done by Seatsurgeons in York, the diamond pattern isn’t quite the same but nearest I could get?
A couple of more ‘arty’ shots :grinning:

Barrie

3 Likes

Yes I have bought them for my NC2 and find them OK. Fit is quite good and the way they are fitted (movable plastic slats that fit under existing trim) means that they are firmly fixed but easily removed if desired. As a company to deal with my experience was very good. The mats are made in China (of course!) so took about 4 weeks to arrive and I had bought them when a 15% discount offer was in place making them, from memory, under £70. Watch out for the discount offers - they are frequent. Anyway when they arrived there were a couple of imperfections in the diamond pattern where the stitches hadn’t quite caught. I contacted them about this and they behaved very well. They explained how they were made and that it did not mean that any firther stitching would unravel. They gave me the option of replacement (if I was prepared to wait), refund or a further 15% reduction if I wanted to keep them as they were. This is what I opted for as the blemishes were pretty minor. I got the distinct impression that I was dealing with someone in the USA but I am not certain about that.
Couple of pictures attached for info. Hope that this is of some help. Sorry about the dusty foot marks

6 Likes

Might have to add these to the list of eventual mods Barrie, your car is looking superb :ok_hand:

2 Likes

It just gets better! You ended up at a fantastic price! Like the fixing idea too, my ones just lay over existing carpets but not really with a ‘secure’ fixing method?

Barrie

Excellent, good to know that someone else has them fitted! I also have a NC2, so that puts my mind at ease.

1 Like

Yes, sorry for steering the thread away from your original question! :eyes:

Barrie

1 Like

No apology necessary! If my mats end up looking half as good as yours, I’ll be very happy! Order placed. :+1:

1 Like

Look great mate,I think you can get with or without the overeats !

1 Like

Hi Steve! I have been overeating in lockdown :rofl: :rofl:

I know what you meant though, overmats :+1:

Barrie

1 Like

Lol yeh,wondered what you was on about then lol :joy:

1 Like

Hi Mr. Tugboat,

I’ve been keen on getting an interior set from CarbonMiata for a long time now, and just had a look at the diaondcarmats website and they seem like very good quality. Only thing i have an issue with though, is that they only offer sets for MX-5s from 1999 onwards. Do you, or anyone else perhaps, know if these floor mat sets would fit older models of the mx-5? I have a 1990 NA.

Thanks, have a nice day!

Adam

Hi Adam,

I notice on the CarbonMiata website they sell the same set of mats for both the NA and NB:

I’m new to the MX-5 party, but hopefully someone else can confirm that the carpets are interchangeable? If so, then you should be OK with the Diamond Car Mats for the NB.

Cheers,

Andrew.

:grinning: Just about to post this and you bet me to it! :+1:

Barrie

1 Like

Hi everyone, just wanted to say thank you for the feedback!

Adam