Has anyone used Diamond Car Mats?

Not my cup of tea, these ‘full’ mats, but I can see how people would like them. They look groovy :grinning:

I have a set of these (black with red stitching) going spare if anyone’s interested?

1 Like

Have sent you a pm

Hello all, just to say that these mats are provisionally sold.

Hi have you still got the car mats it’s a long shot cheers
Lee

Hi Lee,

Unfortunately not, sorry!

Thanks,

Andrew.

I emailed and rang around a few “UK mat makers” because our Mazda3 needed a driver’s mat with a heel pad in a sensible place, ie where the clutch foot heel burrows through.

None of them could do it. Diamond promised they could, but when I sent them this photo of where the wear was they said “No. Can’t do it because it’s not in our standard position”

They lost a sale.

I did a quick bodge with some rubber sheet, glue and pop-rivets. It shows no signs of wear, but alas our cars have not been used so much recently…

Hi thanks for getting back to me,what where they like where they worth it cheers
Lee

That looks decent, with a little refinement it could be a proper product :smiley:

I bought the I.L motorsport set (trunck and floor mats) just for the trunck set as i don’t like their floormats because they’re (my opinion) not a nice fit … so i’m selling those separatly. Had to do it this way because the trunck set is part of the "take it or leave it "package. I tried them anyway (one side) and the result is exactly wat i expected; deceiving.

1 Like

An awful LOT of refinement needed…

It took ages to punch out the residual core of the pop rivets so I could hammer the backs flat enough not to dig deep into the carpet under the mat.

Rubber sheet is good and cheap, so were the Car Bolts black washers and the rather good Stormsure glue, but the rivets need to be much better and much more low-profile.

1 Like