Have you only owned an MX-5 since Covid19 began?

As yes…the caravans.
The Scottish 500’s version to constipation.
I can feel a wee song…
To all those who cannot drive them & leave their fragrant little “bombs” carefully wrapped in chippy newspaper.

4 Likes

Brilliant! and haven’t heard that in ages…! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well,
If you do make it up, PM me.
I know the best coffee & bun stops in the huge Stirlingshire post-codes anyway…

1 Like

Haven’t needed a car for a while, as I was able to use public transport to get to work. Office has now relocated to somewhere that means I need a car to get there, so figured I’d get something a bit more interesting. Picked up my MX-5 on December 30th, it’s still on the same tank of petrol! Can’t wait until things relax enough for me to go out for a drive without worrying about being fined!

2 Likes

I got mine in the Autumn of 2019 to garage it through the winter ready for an amazing 2020 !! … Managed to do 1,500 miles in 17 months…

2 Likes

I got my S Special NA in June 2020 and managed around 3000 glorious miles during the summer and autumn in south Lakes. I generally see quite a few MX5’s of various vintage when I’m out and about - hood down of course. Waiting for the salt to wash off the roads at the moment…

3 Likes

We got our ND Icon on the 2nd February last year. I had 7 weeks off on the first lockdown but have worked ever since, and as it’s my daily I’ve racked up nearly 5000 miles. We do have an NB which we’ve had for 2 years but have only put a couple of thousand miles on it.

2 Likes

Yep I am paranoid about that too! Last time I took it out the roads were dry but it came back covered in a white powder.

2 Likes

Picked up my 2.0 Sport early July and I’ve clocked 6k miles in it since then. Love it with a passion. It’s emptied my pockets a bit but I now know it’s tip top, inside out and above and below.

2 Likes

Yup, bought mine in October so the furthest non-essential trip she’s been on was a wee jaunt to Limekilns (3 miles away from the house) :pensive:

1 Like

Bought my NC in May 2020 so haven’t used it as much as I’d like to. I was lucky, however, in that I took it over to Europe in August just prior to the second lockdown. Visited Holland, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France and Luxembourg. Had a blast on the Timmelsjoch, Stelvio, Furka and San Bernardino passes and Nurburgring. Had to isolate for two weeks on return but it was worth it.

3 Likes

Sounds like an amazing trip and experiencing some wonderful roads! You did well getting that trip in between the lockdowns…! Well done :slight_smile:

Was confused at first when I saw this thread. Then I remembered, there was a time once when we weren’t on lockdown. How strange must that have been?

3 Likes

1996 mk1 UK car, one owner bought May 2020. 140 miles since then, now on 46008. Live the dream!!!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome.140 miles down… and many more to come after lockdown hopefully…! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I collected my NC1 on the 29th February 2020, so only a few weeks of true freedom, before the first lock-down took hold. After the end of March, journeys have been mostly limited to top-down supermarket runs and the odd driving lesson.
Teaching my son to drive was the primary reason for purchase. He was turning 17 in the November and our car portfolio was purely automatic.
After considering a few cheap manual options, I eventually persuaded my wife to let me make a short term purchase :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. The plan was to enjoy the car for 2020 and then part exchange once my son passed his test, but that’s not happening now! I have been bitten!!
Fortunately even the wife has started making excuses to take the MX5 out. So that’s taken the pressure off. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I’ve done a bit of repair work on the boot lid (rust) and many lock-down hours have been spent perusing potential purchases with my son and I fitting the results. Good times!
We’re now looking a few more substantial options (header, coilovers, remap), but everything in good time.
Fingers crossed now for an end to this madness and a long hot summer. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Yeah Bought my first ever mx5 ND1 2.0 sports nav feb 2020. really looked forward to going to meets and meeting people. Hopefully will get the chance pretty soon. Love my car spent a lot of money on upgrades so far with more to come in the future. Wife permitting!.

2 Likes

36 posts here and no pics! - Think I’ll change that… :slight_smile: I guess most will have either been taken at home like mine or “locally”…!

5 Likes

great choice of roads

1 Like

I love that colour on the ND.

1 Like