Haynes Motor Museum Book Launch/Signing 28th November

Hi

You may recall that I organised (along with lots of helpers) a limited edition photoshoot at Beaulieu Motor Museum back in April

I have been contacted by Liz Turner the author of the forth coming and updated book “You and Your MIata/MX5” published by Haynes to offer us the chance of visiting the Haynes Motor museum for the book launch and signing of copies.

This will take place sometime in November, I am currently in talks with Liz and Haynes to get a definate date that the book will be launced on.

We will have free entry into the museum and will be able to park all together.

As soon as I have more information I will let you know

Paul 

Important Update regarding the Haynes book launch of “You and Your MX-5” at the <st1:place w:st=“on”><st1:placename w:st=“on”>Haynes</st1:placename> <st1:placename w:st=“on”>Motor</st1:placename> <st1:placetype w:st=“on”>Museum</st1:placetype></st1:place>.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

I am very disappointed to inform everyone that despite originally being told that we would have free entry into the museum; I have now been informed that in fact we will have to pay the discounted entry fee per person as follows:-<o:p></o:p>

Adults - £6.95

Children - £3.25

Senior Citizen - £5.95

Disabled - £5.95

This is all payable on the door on the day

This is very disappointing and despite many emails and phone calls we are unable to gain free access.<o:p></o:p>

This is because a few years ago when the original book was released Haynes publishing and the Haynes museum were the same company, now recently they have parted and they are a totally separate company, a few weeks ago someone in the Haynes museum said we could gain free entry into the museum, but now someone higher in the company has said “no they must pay the discounted rate” (as above)<o:p></o:p>

Liz Turner (the author of the book) and I, would like to apologize for this, but unfortunately cannot persuade them otherwise.<o:p></o:p>

I hope this does not discourage you from attending to what looks like could be a great turnout (especially for the end of November) we currently have over 50 cars attending.<o:p></o:p>

The time and date remains the same<o:p></o:p>

<st1:place w:st=“on”><st1:placename w:st=“on”>Haynes</st1:placename> <st1:placename w:st=“on”>International</st1:placename> <st1:placename w:st=“on”>Motor</st1:placename> <st1:placetype w:st=“on”>Museum</st1:placetype></st1:place><o:p></o:p>

Sparkford, Yeovil, <st1:place w:st=“on”><st1:city w:st=“on”>Somerset</st1:city>, <st1:postalcode w:st=“on”>BA22 7LH</st1:postalcode></st1:place><o:p></o:p>

28th November 2009<o:p></o:p>

aim to arrive at 10.30 am for the official launch at 11.00 am <o:p></o:p>

We will also have exclusive parking altogether<o:p></o:p>

Many thanks <o:p></o:p>

Liz Turner  the author will be there to sign/personalize any books purchased on the day 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Update

Hi

Its less than 2 weeks now to the official launch of the new book and I can now tell everyone that the cost of the book will be £19.99

But I have agreed a 15% discount on the day so the books which can be signed by the author will be available at just £17.00

Haynes have now put up an advert for the book on there website located here

As I have said in previous emails we are aiming to arrive at Haynes Motor Museum at around 10.30 am with the official launch of the book being held at 11.00 am

I will be there to great anyone arriving and direct them to our exclusive parking away from the public

Lets hope the weather is kind

Looking forward to seeing you again

Paul

We will be there Paul, and you know if you need a hand…

Haynes have a test track that you can hack around (one at a time!) Did it in Minis, fantastic fun and an MX5 would be perfect around there!Is this also being booked?

Cheers, much appreciated [:)] 

Nothing has been said yet but I can ask the question and see what they say

Hi Paul

We’ll be there, and also help out !

Really enjoyed the Beaulieu Motor Museum event. Hope i can make this one, cheers Chewy

Hi Paul

Hope to be there and have put the details in the South East Newsletter, so hope to organise a convoy down to Haynes, I think it will be an early start if we have to be there by 10am …!!! Coming from Canterbury Kent a long drive, but definately fun in an MX-5 [:)]

Cheers

Sarah (Mazda Chick)

Hi,

I am up for coming along to this.

Hope it is as much of a success as the Beulieau day.

I’d love to attend, but the 5 will off the road for the winter then, so will I still be able to join in the fun and gain free access to the museum if I came along in my Peugeot or would I have to pay?

Cheers

Marcus. 

Hi

Is there any update yet for those of us that managed to get our cars to Beaulieu but can’t get to the Haynes Museum? I’ll be extremely disappointed if I can’t get hold of a signed copy of the book.[:(]

I do hope everyone has a great day though.

Regards

Steve

I will speak to Paul (arizonasun) as Im sure we could arrange a scheme to cover this. We will post something up when we have had a chance to liase with Liz etc and maybe start a list of those who are interested in this.

Is this event restricted to paid up club members only or can anyone come with their 5?

As Beauliea was (and will be again next year), this event is open to all.

There will be an update on this event shortly, due to some ongoing negotiations with Haynes themselves… I will leave it to Arizonasun to enlighten you all.

http://vimeo.com/1032078

I want to go back to Haynes in the MX5!!! Looks such brilliant fun, is Haynes on again next year and is it a camp over?

Important Update regarding the Haynes book launch of “You and Your MX-5” at the <st1:place w:st=“on”><st1:placename w:st=“on”>Haynes</st1:placename> <st1:placename w:st=“on”>Motor</st1:placename> <st1:placetype w:st=“on”>Museum</st1:placetype></st1:place>.<o:p></o:p>

I am very disappointed to inform everyone that despite originally being told that we would have free entry into the museum; I have now been informed that in fact we will have to pay the discounted entry fee per person as follows:- 

Adults - £6.95

Children - £3.25

Senior Citizen - £5.95

Disabled - £5.95

This is all payable on the door on the day

This is very disappointing and despite many emails and phone calls we are unable to gain free access.<o:p></o:p>

This is because a few years ago when the original book was released Haynes publishing and the Haynes museum were the same company, now recently they have parted and they are a totally separate company, a few weeks ago someone in the Haynes museum said we could gain free entry into the museum, but now someone higher in the company has said “no they must pay the discounted rate” (as above)<o:p></o:p>

Liz Turner (the author of the book) and I, would like to apologize for this, but unfortunately cannot persuade them otherwise.<o:p></o:p>

I hope this does not discourage you from attending to what looks like could be a great turnout (especially for the end of November) we currently have over 50 cars attending.<o:p></o:p>

The time and date remains the same<o:p></o:p>

<st1:place w:st=“on”><st1:placename w:st=“on”>Haynes</st1:placename> <st1:placename w:st=“on”>International</st1:placename> <st1:placename w:st=“on”>Motor</st1:placename> <st1:placetype w:st=“on”>Museum</st1:placetype></st1:place><o:p></o:p>

Sparkford, Yeovil, <st1:place w:st=“on”><st1:city w:st=“on”>Somerset</st1:city>, <st1:postalcode w:st=“on”>BA22 7LH</st1:postalcode></st1:place><o:p></o:p>

28th November 2009<o:p></o:p>

aim to arrive at 10.00 am for the official launch at 11.00 am <o:p></o:p>

We will also have exclusive parking altogether<o:p></o:p>

Many thanks 

I have been asked to organise a run through a small part of Somerset after the book signing for anyone who wants to come along.

It will take us from the museum along to Cheddar (driving down through the gorge itself) and then down to the Clarks Discount village to shop for a few xmas pressies

Anyone who wants to join us will be most welcome, We will be setting off from the haynes car park at 12.30

Please post up if your interested in joining us so we can get an idea of numbers etc. 

We will be there…I’ve added my name to your other thread