Homura worth the price?

Heya everyone,

After many years of dreaming a MX5 I am almost ready to pull the trigger for a new 2024 MX5 RF. My idea is to go with the Exclusive-line, but the Homura with the Recaros/BBS/Brembo is tickling me. What is your view on that trim? Is it worth the extra money in your opinion?

Thanks!
M.

I’d say 100% yes in a direct comparison to the 2L Exclusive line. Not only due to the Recaro/BBS/(front) Brembo which you mentioned, but imo the new ''17 alloys on the 2L Exclusive line look major league ugly, as well as being partially machined, and all the potential issues that can spring.
The question on weather the RF Homura is worth £37K ish or so, imo I’d say no, but then look at car prices everywhere, if one was looking for a reason to justify it.
Personally I’d wait a little while and a few pre reges might appear (not ‘our demonstrators’) for a few £K less.

Thanks for ypur reply! Actually I have the possibility to add the BBS wheels on top of the 2L exclusive.

They look lovely but 37k is a lot of money. Crazy how much new car prices have gone up in the last 5 years.

I think a significant consideration is how long you intend to keep the car. If long term, the price differential is probably worthwhile. If you only intend to keep it under 5 years it may be worth waiting for a low mileage nearly new example. From a resale point of view I think it is worth buying a top-spec model. We have just taken delivery of a new Homura with the intention of it being a long term keeper (we owned our previous NC Miyako for just under 10 years). The Brembo brake calipers and Recaro seats were significant factors in our purchase decision. The seats are so comfortable and supportive! Worth putting your enquiry into CarWow to see what dealers are prepared to offer, we got a great deal from Burrows Mazda York who have looked after our NC since 2014… Depending where you are in the country, happy to show you round ours & take you for a spin!

1 Like

The idea would be to keep the car for a very long time.

Recaro seats were a must have for me when I bought my ND, which is why I bought a Sport Recaro. Whether the seats are worth the extra money you’d have to pay for the car I can’t really comment as I had no interest in the standard seats.

It’s easy to change wheels and upgrade brakes and I have had both done since buying my car. You can retro fit Recaro seats but I’d wager it’s much more expensive and they are harder to find compared to wheels and brakes.

1 Like

Recaros were one of the plus points for the AE30 for me.
But (■■■■ literally)
The seats are definitely a tight fit across the hips between the bolsters whereas in the standard you sit slightly higher. I’m comfortably seated but my wife feels the pressure of the sides.
So if you can sit in any ND with Recaros to compare YOUR comfort versus a standard car.

1 Like

How have you found the bolster wear on your Recaros? I’ve read/seen a few AutoTrader pics (most from the '16 Sport Recaro) with heavy chaffing/wear.

btw, the 30AE is a top notch version. Stunning colour. ND’s finest hour.

My driver’s side was quite bad when I bought the car in 2020 (it was four years old, one previous owner, approx. 29k miles). I insisted that the dealer have it repaired. It’s OK now, but not amazing.

1 Like

Same here that’s why I bought the launch edition which came with Recaro seat’s & bbs wheels my seats haven’t worn that bad because I’m careful getting in and out of my Recaro seat

1 Like

At 4.5 years and 36k miles the midriff side bolster is somewhat creased looking, not actually worn. This is the one that takes the impact getting in and out, especially if you have zips, buckles etc.

1 Like

Hi all, I understand from Mazda that the new 2024 MX5 doesn’t have a 12v charging socket in the passenger footwell? Does anyone know if that is correct. If it is then where do you get the power from to use the inflator in the emergency puncture repair kit?

Yes it does, on the transmission tunnel side (passenger’s right leg). It is however quite well hidden! A torch is useful for connecting.

This is the email I got from Customer Services today -

Thank you for contacting Mazda UK.

I can confirm that the new 2024 MX-5 does not come with the 12v charging socket in the passenger footwell.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email or call us on 03457 484848.

Yours sincerely

Customer Relations Manager
Customer Service Division

1 Like

So where is it now,surely there must be one some where.

So does this mean that M has the old model and not the new facelift one?
:heart:

No, it’s definitely the 2024 model with the running lights in the headlights, Recaro seats etc.

So unless ours is a rogue 12v socket fitment, Mazda UK are mistaken!
Tricky to locate and even more difficult to photograph!

2 Likes

And you have the 8.8 inch screen? Seems to confirm what I have always said, ‘don’t believe everything you read’.
:heart:

Yes that’s correct. It was the first one the dealership received. Arrived in Bristol port on 17th March 2024.

1 Like