Hovercraft museum visit, Saturday 22nd October

Ladies and gentlemen, we have the opportunity to have a FREE visit to “The ONLY Museum of Hovercraft in the World”!

The museum is at Lee-on-the-Solent, and they have over 50 craft on view, models, videos, and much more, including a James Bond craft to machines built on TV’s Scrapheap Challenge, military hovers and the world’s largest passenger hovercraft, ex-cross Channel SRN4Mk3, The Princess Anne.

Prices are usually £8 for an adult, and £7 for seniors (over 60) & military & veterans. (Dogs are welcome on a lead :dog2:!) So a bargain visit!

There is a cafe, shop, and toilets on site.
The museum is solely funded by admission revenue and donations.

The museum is staffed by volunteers and, consequently, only open on Saturdays.
It is only a relatively small site so, unfortunately, the maximum number of cars is restricted to 15, one of which will be allowed to park on the ramp of The Princess Anne hovercraft (we will have a draw to determine the winner!).

The museum is open from 1000 to 1600, and the staff would like us to arrive between 0930 - 0945, ready for the 1000 opening time. Once on site it would be ideal for the cars to stay until 1600, but if someone needed to leave earlier, the staff would need to marshal the car off the site for safety reasons.

The grand plan is for all to meet at the Alver Valley garden centre, Barrington Close, Gosport PO13 8NZ, at 0900 ready for a 0920 leave for the short drive to the museum.
The garden centre opens at 0900, as does the cafe, and there are toilets available as well.

Ron and Angela

Numbers so far:

1. Ron & Angela
  2. Bob & Val
  3. John & Pat
  4. Tim
  5. Colin & Blue
  6. Steve & Malissa
  7. Max + one
  8. Sandra & Kevin
  9. Stuart & Pat
  10. Phil
  11. Josie & Brian
  12. Jane Heyer
3 Likes

Please book me in please. I went on the Princes Anne!

Hi Tim,

Done, your on.:grinning:

Ron

Hi Ron. I’d like to join you for this visit, could you book me in please.
Thanks. Colin.

Can you add me? Steve and Malisa.

Can you add me for this one please gerry

Hi Colin, Steve & Malissa, and Gerry,

Thanks for the replies, and all on the list.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Cheers,

Ron

Sadly, we are away in London meeting my US Cousin and wife that weekend, so unable to attend, as its a good one.

I sincerely hope it goes well and look forward to seeing the photos of the visit.

Regards

Mal

Hi Ron & Ange
Sorry Terry & I can’t make it as I’m working, shame it wasn’t Sunday as I’m off
Di xx

1 Like

Sorry you’ll miss the museum visit Mal, but I’m sure that meeting your cousin from the states in London will be very interesting :grinning:

And, Diane, it is a shame that the museum is only open on Saturdays and that you have to work🙁

Thanks for letting me know,

Ron

Hi can you add me please, might even get Graeme out on this one

1 Like

Oooh yes! Pop me down for x1 car and x2 people please

Max

Hi Jules & Max,

Done, you are both on the list for this.:+1:

Cheers,

Ron

2 Likes

Hi Ron & Angie

Sorry cannot make this one

Regards Howard & Julie

Hi Ron & Angela

Kevin and I would like to join you for this event please.

Thank you
Sandra

We would like to join you on this trip
Stuart & Pat

Hi Ron and Angela, please add me to the hovercraft run, Regards Phil

Hi Sandra, Stuart & Phil

Thanks for replying and you are all on the list, looking forward to seeing you all on the day​:+1::grinning:

That gives us 14 cars on the list now, so only one space left!

Ron

Sorry to mess you about , we’re not going to be able to make it after all , have a great time xx

Hi Jules,

No problem, thanks for letting me know :+1:

Cheers,

Ron

1 Like