I’m sick, show me pics of your cars to get inspiration please

How about a bit of a distressed rust finish?

2 Likes

Needs more rust !!! But I dig it

I bet whoever owns that has far more fun in it than an owner of an only used on dry days garage queen

1 Like

well you can do both… have a nice shiny good looking one and thrash it around :joy:

1 Like

I thrash my nice one :joy:
But it would be nice to have a not so nice looking one then I wouldn’t worry about dents n scratches

that’s crashing… yea don’t do that one :sweat_smile:

I’d hate to crash the car it’s my only transport !!

Leave crashing aside… we don’t like doing that.
How much damage does your grom have? Are u fixing that atm?

1 Like

Bent lever, ruined grip. Ruined paintwork smashed indicator. But my exhaust was the worst. As it’s was 600£ I’ve been told it can be repaired but cannot afford it atm.
(Ran into money troubles) it’s rideable just looking rather sad as I had it freshly painted so was gutted.

you can fix the yoshi, polish the aluminium take the brackets off - straiten & polish and them and fit them back (or leave it as is… its purely cosmetic)

panel can be fixed and painted - 100 squids?

I mean all you need is a lever to actually be able ride it again… (wait until it warmer though :sweat_smile: )

its not that bad tbh.

1 Like

I’ve got all replacement parts to repair… I’m just quite a perfectionist with this bike as it was my first build pretty much started my career, it was absolutely perfect this machine. I even hand painted the engine as it had stone chips.
There wasn’t a mark in that bike. So when I crashed it ruined me.
In reality it’s not bad at all and I rode it home.
But to me it’s horrible.

Understand where you are coming from and I think most car/bike people have been there. But both bikes and cars are meant to be used so chips and scratches are unavoidable. Obviously not saying become reckless but very few hangar queens “Spark Joy” as Marie Kondo would put it… :grin:

I would pay to see your face when you need to start cutting bodywork to fit that NOS kit :sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh don’t I’ve already taken a grinder to my
Doors to fit the large speakers :joy::joy: I ain’t afraid as long as it neat and looks oem.

I hope it was an angle grinder :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

… how… what did you have to do to the door to fit them speakers… :flushed:

It was … I was told 6x9 were a straight fit. They were not. The original were round. So I cut the door for the speaker base to sit properly almost flush like oem.
And drilled holes to fit the speaker.

ah ok it wasn’t that bad I guess… for a moment there I thought you fitted some doors to your speakers. :flushed:

1 Like

Hi Ambasize

Not so much inspirational pictures for yourself but this is what I got up to during the summer, turning a low point into a truly positive unique experience

1 Like

:joy::joy: pretty much lol

Those are fantastic !! Like seriously amazing.

hi amber.
here is a couple or 3 pics of my precious.

coilovers and underseal

1 Like