Is my outer crank pulley scrap?

This is in relation to @DickieRltd’s images in my other thread:

in which (the post below the images) he says that his pulley is in better condition than mine, but is still considered scrap.

There is some damage in two places on mine, the worst being on the lip which sits closest to the engine. The third image is taken at 90 degree rotations and the final two images are close ups of this damage.

I just wanted to check if this is the case or if my previous photos made the pulley look in worse shape than it actually was and that it is still okay to use, the teeth (if that’s the right term) still look okay as far as I can see.

Hi I consider my pulley scrap as it is a harmonic damper as well as pulley and the rubber bonding is breaking up.
The engine in my picture is an expensive forged high reving project so no substandard parts will be used.
If you drive hard do trackdays etc its worth installing a new one.
If you are on a very tight spending limit the old one can be cleaned up and re fitted as long as it runs true without wobble.

Thanks for the clarification.

As the car has been off the road since 2019 and is now somewhat dismantled I wouldn’t know if it wobbled or not. I presume the garage that last did work on it in 2019 would have mentioned it since they made a list of advisories and didn’t include any mention of it wobbling so I’m guessing it’s still okay to use.

When I bought the car I was told the alternator belt had been replaced but that it still squealed and the previous owner could find no reason for it, which made me worried (after seeing the slight damage on the pulley) that that was the cause.

However the belts I removed looked very old (older than they should) so I don’t know, maybe they were just old and weren’t replaced after all.

All I do know was the garage in 2019 said (among other things) that all the belts required replacing and with one thing and another, this is now my trying to get the car back on the road. The other things will have to be done by the garage and as they won’t give estimates and will only quote once a vehicle is with them my spending limit is tight as I have no idea how much they’ll charge plus anything else that the MOT might require.

I find it funny that the BOFI Racing pulley still works out cheaper to buy than the original genuine Mazda part (with mx5parts out of stock, and Autolinks price being excl. VAT).